•❊Away|Part Two❊•

You stood there, staring at the man. You could not believe that he was right in front of you. The boy you had once known was now a man. He was tall, and he was handsome. He had a wonderful smile, and he smelled good. The lights enhanced his features, making you smile a little.

"I didn't mean to bump you," he spoke, snapping you back to your senses. "My apologies," he addressed you.

"Uh...no problem," you laughed nervously. "Don't worry about it," you kept your hands together, in front of you.

Michael kept his eyes on you for a long moment, making you feel anxious. He seemed to be studying you intently.

"I don't believe I've seen you before," he held his hand out. "I'm Michael,"

"Oh, I know who you are," you smiled, making him chuckle. "Michael Jackson, the King of Pop," you nodded. "Everyone knows who you are,"

"Ah," he let out a breath. "I cannot deny that," he kept his eyes on you. "But I do now know who you are. Perhaps you will be kind enough to give me your name, you're very beautiful," he grinned.

You broke into a giggle and shook your head. "You're still smooth," you found yourself saying.

Michael frowned a little, letting his hand fall to his side. "Have we met before?" he asked politely.

"Uh...no," you forced a smile. "I've just....heard you talk...in an interview before, and I reckoned that you were smooth," you lied through your teeth.

"I see," he nodded. "Do you-"

"(Y/N)!" Kim came walking up to you. "What are-" her eyes widened when she saw that you were talking to Michael.

"(Y/N)..." Michael trailed off as your hands became cold. "I once knew a girl named (Y/N)..." he studied you.

"My apologies for interrupting!" Kim laughed. "I hope I didn't disturb!"

"No, no, not at all," Michael smiled at her.

"I'm Kim," she held her hand out to Michael. "Kim Dallas, we spoke on the phone once," she introduced herself.

"I knew your voice sounded familiar," he responded before looking back at you. "I know this might be strange of me to ask, but what is your last name?"

Your eyes widened and you swallowed. You weren't sure if you wanted Michael to know whom you were, especially after all the years that had passed by without him.

"(Y/N)'s last name is-"

"Dawn!" you cut Kim off, making her frown a little. "My name is (Y/N) Dawn," you grabbed Kim's hand. "And we need to leave, please excuse us," you flashed one last smile at Michael as you dragged Kim out of the hall. You led her outside and stopped near one of the large trees that decorated the grounds.

"Why did you lie?" Kim frowned at you. "Michael was clearly interested in you!" she clapped her hands. "Ugh, all the other girls would be jealous," she wiggled her eyebrows.

"Kim, there's something that I need to tell you, but you need to promise me that you won't tell anyone else," you looked at her intently.

"Promise," she held her pinky finger up.

"Michael and I....were best friends, when we were younger," you informed her. "Eighteen years ago, he left me, and he didn't tell me where he was going, he only told me that he was leaving forever," you took in a deep breath. "I know it sounds crazy, but it's the truth. You know I would never lie to you,"

"Wait wait wait," Kim shook her head. "You and Michael were best friends?!" she squealed. "Why didn't you tell me earlier?!"

"Shut up!" your eyes became wide. "I wanted to keep the entire thing a secret," you looked down. "Besides, he hurt me when he left," tears formed in your eyes. "He meant a lot to me,"

Kim stayed silent for a long moment, studying you. She let out a sigh and moved her feet slightly. "If I didn't know better, I'd have thought that you love him," she placed a hand on your shoulder. "But the truth is, you do, don't you?"

You nodded and let out a sigh. "Always,"

"Then why don't you just tell him who you really are?!" she raised her voice again.

"I can't!" you groaned a little. "It's complicated," you blinked back the tears.

A part of you was angry with Michael, for leaving you alone - for forgetting you. You hated the fact that you could never forget him. He would always be important to you, and that fact affected you a great deal.

Your heart was both infuriated, and sad at the same time.

"(Y/N), it's only complicated because you make it that way," your best friend said. "Just tell him who you are. Reunite with him," she added.

"I....can't," you let your shoulders fall. "I don't have the courage," you shook your head. "Besides, he's famous and rich now. What would he want with me?"

"You said the both of you were best friends," she raised an eyebrow. "I'm sure he'd like to see you again,"

"I don't want to do it," tears formed in your eyes. "I don't want him to find out who I am. I just....can't let him know," you bit your lip. "Kim, I want to go home,"

Kim stared at you, and you could tell that she felt for you. Her eyes were sad as she watched the tears stream down your face. You had always loved Michael, and when he left - it broke your heart. Even when he was gone, you never stopped loving him. You had always shoved him out of your mind, but that did not change the way your heart felt.

"I'll take you home," she turned around and led the way to the car.

She took her keys out of her small purse, and unlocked the car. You both opened your respective doors and got inside before shutting them. You were seated in the front passenger seat, next to Kim.

She glanced at you for a brief minute before starting the car. You knew that she could not understand you, and the truth was that you could not understand yourself either. Something about Michael made you afraid to let him know that it was you. The sweet (Y/N) that had been his best friend. The one (Y/N) that he would always remember, even when his mind would forget you - his heart would always hold you close.

The ride home was quiet, and the drive lasted for about an hour before finally pulling up to your flat. Kim turned to look at you, making you look at her.

"Regardless of what you decide, just know that you can always talk to me, okay?"

"Thanks," you nodded as the two of you shared a warm embrace. "It really means a lot to me," you pulled away and opened the door. Kim smiled and waved as you got out. Once you were on your feet, you shut the door and Kim drove off.

You walked up to the front door of your flat and opened it - being greeted with pure silence. The night was cold, and despite the fact that you looked beautiful - you felt like crap. Entering your apartment, you let out a sigh before pulling the door shut.

You decided that you would have a shower and get to bed.

Lord, please give me the inner strength to forget Michael.

•❁❁❁•

You had slept reasonably well, and now it was eight in the morning. You were seated in your bed, and you had just woken up. Your eyes felt swollen, and your throat was dry. You still couldn't get the image, of Michael the night before, out of your mind. He looked handsome, you had to admit that.

You got up from the bed, and you were just about to make your way to the bathroom when someone knocked at the door. A frown etched itself onto your face as you walked toward the piece of wood.

Placing your hand on the knob, you opened the door - and your eyes widened when you saw that Michael was standing before you.

"(Y/N) (Y/LN),"

~•❊•~
This part sucked! My apologies!
Thank you so much for reading!
Lemme know your thoughts!❤
Lots of love!
Isha
~•❊•~
|Love|Hope|Truth|