•❊Promise❊•

NOTE BEFORE YOU READ:
APOLOGIES FOR ALL ERRORS.

THE FOLLOWING IMAGINE CONTAINS SENSITIVE CONTENT, SO IF YOU ARE EASILY TRIGGERED, DO NOT READ THIS IMAGINE. I KNOW THAT THIS IS HORRIBLY WRITTEN, AND FOR THAT - I APOLOGIZE.

I MAY HAVE WRITTEN A COUPLE OF STORIES WITH THE SAME THEME, PREVIOUSLY, BUT I WAS COMPELLED TO DO SO - DUE TO THE FACT THAT I HAVE STARTED CUTTING AGAIN😳

⊰•

✽SET IN THE BAD ERA✽

|1989|

You stood there in front of the bathroom mirror, staring at the reflection before you. Her eyes were dark, and void - filled with a sense of sorrow that others could never have possibly imagined. What used to be alive and abundant, was now dull and empty. The bright light illuminated the room entirely, truly allowing you to be able to see yourself in the truest light. Drops of water leaked from the tap, continously hitting the base of the sink - and in the process, creating a somber rhythm of  despondency. Your cheeks were tear stained, and your eyes were swollen - undeniably painted with the pain of your inner turmoil. Your hair fell naturally, appearing to be a little messy - seemingly playing a factor that could be used to display frustration.

It was all too much.

You had suffered from severe depression and anxiety for the longest time, a part of your life that you had initially found hard to accept. When you had first found out that you were a victim of these two issues, you denied it - refused to believe it. You didn't want it to be true, but deep down - you knew that it was, and there was no escaping it. You wanted to rewind time, and do things over again, but it was impossible. You wanted to make the present a little more bearable, but it was hard. The only form of solace that you had was the hope that tomorrow would be better.

However, no matter how many times you told yourself that - it never seemed to take flight. Each day, that passed, got more worse than the day before. Your mental issues were slowly consuming you, and the difficulty of life's lessons had made you want to end your existence as you knew it. There was nothing left for you, there really wasn't.

Well, perhaps there was just one thing - your husband. Michael Jackson, the world's very own, King of Pop, was the man that you had been married to for almost a year now. To you, he was the best thing that could ever have possibly happened. You were a princess in his eyes, a woman that he held above all others - an individual whom he wanted to cherish for the rest of his days to come. He had never failed to tell you how much he loved you, and he never failed to show it either. Despite the fact that you did not love yourself, or the life that you were living, you loved Michael more than words could say. When it came to him, you would do anything just to make sure that he was alright.

Now, he was aware of your mental issues, and he had been more than supportive since the day he had found out about it. The day you confessed your secrets to him, you had only been married for about a week - and you were utterly afraid that he would walk out, that he wouldn't want you anymore. But the solid truth was, you could not have been more wrong. He did not have any intention to leave. Instead, he had every intention to stay and help you through everything.

He told you that you were stuck with him for life, and that he would never leave you alone - even when you would say that you did not want him around. He truly was your everything, and although you had done your best to hold on and be strong - your life seemed to be crumbling, to pieces, around you. You had lost friends, colleagues, family members - all of which you had once held very close to your heart. What made you feel even more isolated, was the fact that the media would constantly hound you - always wanting to get pictures of you whenever you stepped out, with or without Michael. People all over the globe admired you, and there wasn't a corner of the world where you weren't talked about.