•❊Disquieting❊•

✽SET IN THE DANGEROUS/HISTORY ERA✽

|1995|

•Prologue•

You work for one of the biggest names in the music industry, Michael Jackson. Your job is the position of a personal assistant to the man, and you have worked for him for over three months now.

During the three months, you have grown close to him, and you must admit to yourself that you have developed feelings for him. He knows nothing of your emotions, and you have promised yourself not to say anything to him because he is married to a woman who goes by the name: Lisa Marie Presley.

Hiding your feelings from Michael hurts, but you are convinced that it is the right thing to do. It has to be the right thing to do because you are determined not to screw anything up.

You opened your eyes and sat up with a start. Checking the alarm clock that sat on your bedside table, you noted that the time was six thirty in the morning. You let out a sigh and ran your fingers through your messy hair. You had to be at Neverland by eight. Dawn was just breaking as you got up from the bed, making your way to the windows. Pushing the curtains aside, you looked out at the city view below. You lived in a small apartment on the twentieth floor of the building, and you loved the view.

Letting out a sigh, you turned around and made your way into the bathroom, pushing the door open and entering. You fastened your hair into a low bun and stood at the sink, turning on the tap. Gathering some water in the palms of your hands, you wet your face and took in a deep breath. The liquid was cold, making you shiver slightly.

The entire apartment was cold, and it made you groan. Your bed was much warmer and you just wanted to be under your blankets.

You bustled about the bathroom, doing your business. Once you were completely done, you walked out of the bathroom and made your way to your closet - opening the doors and studying your collection of clothes.

You fished out a short blue dress, along with a black jacket. Closing the closet doors, you tossed the items onto the bed and smiled a little.

It was time to get ready, and then you would drive to work.

"Lord, help me seize the day," you whispered to yourself.

•❁❁❁•

You had driven to Neverland, and you had just brought the engine to a stop. You grabbed your keys and your purse, opening the car door. Getting out, you pushed the door shut and locked the car before tossing the keys into your bag. Taking in a deep breath, you walked up the steps to the front doors of the grand mansion.

Pushing one of the doors open, you entered before letting it shut behind you. The house was quiet, but there were a few maids laughing in the kitchen. They waved when they saw you, and you waved back before walking into the living room - spotting Michael, seated on the large sofa. He was reading a book, and he looked up when he sensed your presence.

"(Y/N)," he smiled, closing the book and placing it on the small table that sat before him. "I was just waiting for you,"

You laughed a little and kept your eyes on him. He was so handsome.

"What do you need?" you asked.

"Well," he stood up. "Lisa and I are going out today," he shoved his hands into the pockets of his pants. "So your work will be in the study room, today. I want you to organize the papers. Your instructions are on the desk," he said softly.

"Oh," you felt a little hurt when he had said that he was going out with Lisa, but you inwardly convinced yourself to straighten up.

They're married, for God's sake, (Y/N)! Stop being an idiot!

"I'll get up there right now and start straight away," you nodded.

"Thank you, (Y/N)," Michael grinned a little. "Once you're done, you can go home," he licked his bottom lip.

"No problem, I'll just...go and get started,"

"Right," Michael said after staring at you for a moment. "I'll just..wait here for Lisa. She's still getting ready," he sat back down.

"Okay," you said before walking toward the staircase and ascending it. Your eyes had become slightly watery, but you told yourself to stop being sad. Michael and Lisa were married, of course they were going to spend time together - you hated yourself for being affected so much.

You reached the top and walked toward the study room. As you did this, you passed by the bedroom that Michael and Lisa shared. Hearing Lisa talking inside of the room, you frowned. She seemed to be having a heated conversation on the phone, and being the person you were - you listened in.

"I've already told you, I want Michael dead because I want his money. That's final. What the hell don't you understand?"

Your eyes widened and you gasped softly.

"I want you to do it tomorrow. I'll be out of the house at around ten in the morning. Get to work then,"

You covered your mouth as tears formed in your eyes.

Lisa wanted Michael dead.

~•❊•~
This sucked!
But
Thank you so much for reading!
Lemme know your thoughts!❤
Lots of love!
Isha
~•❊•~
|Love|Hope|Truth|