•❊With You❊•

NOTE BEFORE YOU READ:
APOLOGIES FOR ALL ERRORS.

⊰•

|SET IN THE THRILLER ERA|

|1984|

•❊•

You let out a sigh as you wiped the kitchen counter. The small apartment that you rented alone was quiet, and the radio was on - playing some music. It was midday, and you had woken up two hours ago. The sun was shining brightly outside, allowing the day to appear brighter than ever. You were in the process of cleaning your house, something that you enjoyed doing.

Suddenly, the telephone began to ring. You jumped slightly, but you quickly recovered from the shock. The device was located on a small table near the kitchen so all you had to do was take a few steps before picking up the receiver.

"Hello?" you spoke.

"(Y/N), it's Michael," a soft voice greeted you.

Now, you were dating a man named Michael. Of course, he wasn't just any Michael - he was Michael Jackson, the famous entertainer. The two of you had been together for three years, and in the time that you had been with him - you had grown to adore the man. You loved him, and he loved you. It was the perfect match.

You had already met his family and they loved you just like he did.

"Michael," you smiled when you heard his voice. He always made you happy. "Hey," you giggled.

"How is my beautiful gjrlfriend doing?" he inquired, making you blush.

"I'm doing fine, just cleaning the house," you answered. "What about you?"

"I'm at the studio," he responded.

Michael was always so busy, he was dedicated to what he did.

"I wish we could spend today together, but I'm so busy," he sighed.

"Hey, relax," you chuckled. "As long as I get to hear your voice, that's good enough for me," you smiled to yourself.

"The same could be said for me, it's just that I yearn to be close to you," he continued. "It's been a week since I last saw you, and I miss you so much,"

"I miss you more," you closed your eyes before opening them again. "I really want to see you,"

"Me too, I really want to be close to you again," he replied. "But I'll make time to see you. I don't know when, but I'll do it for sure,"

"Okay," you nodded despite the fact that he could not see you. "I look forward to it,"

You heard shuffling on the other side before Michael spoke again. "Babe, I have to get back to work, I'll call you later, okay?"

"Alright, take care," you said softly.

"I love you,", he spoke before disconnecting the call.

You placed the receiver down and sighed. You missed the man you loved, and you really wanted to see him again. Walking into the kitchen, you groaned a little. It was time to continue cleaning.

•❊•

Several hours later, you were in your bedroom, organizing the personal items you owned. You set out the pillows on the bed and looked around - everything looked neat. A smile formed on your face as you scanned the room - you were proud of your work.

Turning around, you looked at yourself in the reflection of the dressing room mirror, noticing how tired you appeared. You undid your hair and ran your fingers through before you heard someone knocking at the front door. Your eyes widened when you heard this, seeing as you had not been expecting to have anyone over.

Walking towards the bedroom door, you opened it and stepped out before letting it shut. Jogging down the small staircase, you arrived at the front door. Opening it, your eyes widened when you saw whom it was.

"Michael?" you broke into a wide smile. "You're here," you laughed.

He had a large gift bag in his left hand, and a bunch of roses in the other. He had a wide smile present on his face, and his eyes sparkled.

"I couldn't bear to be away from you any longer," he chuckled. "I needed to see my special girl," he held the flowers and the gift bag out. "For you, my love," he grinned.

You giggled and took the items from him, stepping aside. "Come inside," you said.

He walked in as you kicked the door shut. You placed the items on the kitchen counter before turning to face your boyfriend.

"I missed you," he moved closer to you and placed his hands on your waist. "I needed to be near you," he breathed. "I could not concentrate at the studio, so Quincy told me to go off for the day," he referred to his producer.

"I'm so glad that you're here," you smiled. "I missed you so much,"

"I missed you so much more," he rested his forehead against yours. "I want to spend the day with you. What would you like to do?" he spoke softly.

"Hm," you focused on his beautiful eyes. "We could go out for ice cream...and then go to the park," you suggested.

"That sounds perfect," he laughed. "As long as I'm with you, every moment is perfect,"

~❊♡❊~
Thank you so much for reading!
Lemme know your thoughts!❤
Lots of love!
Isha
~❊♡❊~
|Love|Hope|Truth|