•❊Subsequent❊•

NOTE BEFORE YOU READ:
APOLOGIES FOR ALL ERRORS.

⊰•

✽SET IN THE DANGEROUS ERA✽

|1992|

You were seated beside your daughter's bed, gently caressing the back of her hand as you watched her sleep. Violet was your five year old little angel, and you adored her more than anything. She had been blessing to you, and she always gave you a reason to hold onto life - constantly displaying her innocence, a quality that was quite endearing.

Michael, your husband of six years, was currently out - presumably having the time of his life, an idea that troubled you to the highest degree. You see, despite the fact that the two of you were married, your husband would constantly cheat on you. There seemed to be a new woman everyday, seemingly viewed as objects of pleasure. Most of his nights were spent out of the house, and you hardly ever got to see him. When you did see him, however, the two of you would always end up arguing. Sadly, Violet had been introduced to such a situation, and it killed you to know that your, less than pleasant words, affected her a great deal.

For the longest time, you had tolerated Michael's behavior. The truth was, you never wanted to be without him because you loved him far too much. You knew that you were an independent, fine young woman - but Michael was your weakness, since he held the key to your heart. It hurt you very much that he was fooling around, but time after time - you would attempt to shut out the imaged in your mind.

Watching your daughter sleep, you smiled as you admired how beautiful she was. She had her father's eyes, one of her most prominent features. Countless thoughts began to plague your mind, and for the first time - you had considered leaving Michael. Violet desperately missed her father, and when she needed him the most, he was not there. Getting her to fall asleep was hard, getting her to fall asleep whilst she was crying was even harder.

At present moment, it was a few minutes after midnight, and the entire Neverland mansion was quiet. The silence seemed both comforting and incredibly loud at the same time.

"I love you," you whispered to Violet. She looked so peaceful when she was sleeping.

Suddenly, you heard the front doors open and close downstairs, making your eyes widen slightly as you carefully got to your feet. Michael was home.

Moving along, out of Violet's bedroom, you took one last glance at her before you pulled the door shut. Your feet moved along the long corridor, eventually bringing you to the grand staircase. You began to descend it, instantly spotting Michael standing there. Judging from his disheveled, it was clear that he had been sleeping with some other woman - but of course, it was nothing new. Deep down, you realized that you were getting tired of this.

With folded arms, you walked along the carpeted floor and up to your husband, gaining his attention.

"You're still up," he said lowly.

"I know," you breathed. "I just.....managed to get Violet to sleep. She misses you,"

His face softened slightly at the mention of his daughter's name, but the coldness in his eyes could not be hidden. This was not the man you married. The Michael you had married was a kind soul, the truest epitome of innocence. For some reason, time seemed to have changed him, and you had to admit that it broke your heart.

"Well, that's good that she's asleep," he raised his eyebrows. "I'm going to the study room," he made an attempt to walk past you before you spoke.