•❊Try❊•

NOTE BEFORE YOU READ:
APOLOGIES FOR ALL ERRORS.

This imagine is poorly written, and makes no sense - you have been warned.

⊰•

✽SET IN THE BAD ERA✽

|1987|

You walked into the recording studio and smiled. Greeted by the cool air that was being emitted by the air conditioner, you let out a sigh. Michael was inside the recording area, humming a soft tune into the microphone. Frank, his manager - and  Quincy, his producer, were already present. You worked as a personal assistant to Michael, and you had been doing so for three months now.

Despite the fact that your career with Michael was in its early stages, you felt as though you had held that position for years now. You were good friends with most of his colleagues, and it wasn't hard for people to fall in love with you. You possessed a bright personality, and your mind was always alight with ideas.

With Michael, it was safe to say that you had a strong connection. There would be instances when he would be caught staring at you, and there were many occasions where he would become distracted when you were around. Frank had personally voiced, to you, the fact that he had perceived a special connection between you and Michael.

Time and time again, you had refused to acknowledge Frank's words. There were even times when Quincy noticed a bond between you and the man you worked for. Regardless of the fact that you openly denied it, you knew that - deep down, you felt something for Michael, and you did feel quite happy to tolerate the idea that something more might have existed between the two of you.

Letting out a sigh, you placed your bag on the empty table and gently ran your hands over your baby pink dress. Quincy was seated near the audio controls, and he was focusing on Michael. Frank was seated a little further away from him, munching on an apple. He broke into a wide smile when he saw you.

"(Y/N)," he raised his eyebrows happily. "Ooh, you look nice,"

A small laugh escaped your lips as you opened your bag and fished out your notebook, along with your pen. "Thanks, Frank," you smiled a little.

Quincy turned back for a moment, allowing him to bring his gaze to meet your form. "(Y/N)," he nodded. "Good morning," he said quickly before turning around again.

"Good morning," you said in response and moved to take a seat, next to Frank. Michael was completely focused on what he was doing, a deep frown present on his face. A moment passed before he looked up, and when he saw you - his face seemed to light up.

Waving at you, he flashed a childlike grin, making you giggle a little as you waved back.

"Look at the two of you," Frank bit into his apple and chewed loudly. "Lovebirds," he snickered a little.

You turned to look at him and shot him a death glare. He broke into a small smirk.

"Don't deny it," he whispered.

Opening your mouth, you were just about to respond when Michael walked out of the recording area. He had his hands shoved into the pockets of his pants, and his eyes looked a tad bit tired. It was easy to see that he had dedicated most of his time to the music that he was in the process of creating.

"Hey, (Y/N)," he waved again at you.

"Hey," you nodded in acknowledgement and smiled shyly.

Quincy spun around in his chair, looking at Michael before looking back at you. A devilish smile tugged at the corners of his lips, making you groan inwardly.