•❊Unprecendented❊•

NOTE BEFORE YOU READ:
APOLOGIES FOR ALL ERRORS.

THIS IMAGINE IS NOT VERY GOOD, AND YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

⊰•

✽SET IN THE DANGEROUS ERA✽

|1993|

With your hands shoved into the pockets of your coat, you walked along the evening bridge with your husband of one year, Mark. The stars were out, each of them shining brightly and giving the sky more definition, allowing it to be the most beautiful vision yet. It was a full moon night, and the bridge area was quite empty. This area was somewhere people often went, to clear their minds. The entire area was so peaceful, and it always managed to provide some sort of comfort to those who were sad. It was a little after midnight, so, naturally, the air was quite cold.

You and Mark were silent, the both of you quite tense - a result of the fact that the two of you had fought, earlier. Despite the fact that it was very quiet, a huge sense of comfort could be found in the sheer absence of noise.

Finally, Mark came to a stop, standing in the middle of the bridge - making you do the same. He folded his arms and stared at you. "I still can't believe it, (Y/N)," he shook his head.

Letting out a groan, you looked to the side before bringing your gaze to meet his again. "Are you seriously still on about that? John is my colleague! Nothing more!" you defended.

Mark had suspected you of cheating with a man that you worked closely with. You and John had been good friends for the longest time - having met each other when you first started law school. The two of you had stuck together ever since, and now you both worked in the same law firm. In all the time that the pair of you had known each other, there had never been an attraction between the both of you. Friendship was all you two needed.

Mark, however, could not stand the fact that you and John spent a lot of time together whilst at work. He had always been quite insecure, even telling you to quit your job at one point - just so that he could monitor you. But of course, you had refused to quit your job, the one thing you loved doing.

"Well it doesn't look like it!" Mark raised his voice. "You're always spending so much time with him that you've forgotten you even have a boyfriend!"

"That isn't true! I've never forgotten you, Mark - you should know that!" you were in a state of pure disbelief. This was ridiculous.

"Lies!" he retorted, moving closer to you. "I don't believe you," he lowered his voice.

"You've never believed me, Mark," you scoffed. "No matter what I do, you'll always have something to argue about. You're beginning to scare me," you frowned a little.

"So now I'm scaring you?" he became more angry. "You ungrateful bitch!" he exclaimed before bringing up his hand and striking you hard across the face. A gasp escaped your lips as you quickly brought the palm of your hand to the cheek that he had hit. Your bottom lip was bleeding slightly, and you could taste the blood.

Mark had never hit you before, so his recent actions were unanticipated. Suddenly, you heard someone run onto the bridge - rushing for the both of you. A moment passed before you heard a soft, male voice.

"Hey man, that isn't cool," you heard the strange man say. "Don't hit her,"

Mark set his hands on his hips, glancing at you before looking at the man. The man seemed to have been dressed rather well, and he wore a big hat that appeared to have concealed his identity.