•❊Spend The Night❊•

NOTE BEFORE YOU READ:
APOLOGIES FOR ALL ERRORS.

WARNING:
THIS CHAPTER SUCKS, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

⊰•

✽SET IN THE BAD ERA✽

|1988|

You wiped the granite counter clean, doing your best to make it as shiny as possible. The kitchen had been cleaned, and so had the living room. Silence was the loudest sound in the small flat that you rented on your own, and you preferred it that way. With the sun casting a beautiful golden hue on the houses and trees, outside, the day seemed perfect.

It was eleven in the morning, and so far - you were satisfied with the cleaning job that you had done.

Great.

Leaving the cloth on the counter, you turned to open the refrigerator - only to be interrupted by the sound of your telephone, blaring loudly. You jumped a bit but quickly regained your composure. After walking to the telephone, you settled down onto the sofa and picked up the receiver.

"Hello?"

"(Y/N)," a familiar voice greeted you.

Michael.

Now, the Michael, that had been aforementioned, was none other than Michael Jackson - the King of Pop. The two of you had been best friend for three years now, and with each day that passed, the bond seemed to strengthen. The pair of you would share secrets, jokes, advice - and so much more. You both could spend hours on the telephone, talking to each other and never growing bored - it was beautiful.

Time spent with Michael was always a magical feeling, and to yourself, you had to admit this because...well, you happened to be in love with him. Everything about him had drawn you toward him, and it had not been long before your feelings became stronger. Within your soul, you weren't sure if he felt the same way - the sole reason for the fact that you did not tell him.

And in your mind, you intended to keep it that way.

"Michael," you smiled to yourself.

"How is my favorite girl doing?" his soft voice responded.

"She's tired and lonely," you laughed a little. "How is my best friend doing?"

"(Y/N), you need to rest and take it easy. If I was there with you right now, I would take care of you - but right now I'm on this damn tour," you heard him chuckle.

"I'm fine, I really am. I honestly wish you were here right now, I really want to see you again," you ran your tongue over your bottom lip.

"I wish we could see each other as well, but the hotel I'm currently staying at is four hours away from where you live,"

"I see," you let out a small laugh. "Well, we'll see what happens,"

"Yeah," he sounded a little sad.

"Is everything okay?" you frowned. "All of a sudden, you seem...down,"

"It's nothing...really. I'm just...really lonely here...and I feel isolated. I don't have anyone to talk to,"

"Don't you have the tour team members?" you inquired gently.

"Yeah but....I...I don't associate with them. I mean, yeah they're part of my band and all, but the only time we're all ever together is when we're performing,"