•❊No Doubt❊•

NOTE BEFORE YOU READ:
APOLOGIES FOR ALL ERRORS.

ALSO, THIS CHAPTER IS HORRIBLY WRITTEN (LIKE MOST OF THE ONES WRITTEN BY ME), SO YOU ARE WARNED TO LEAVE IF YOU ARE PRONE TO EXTREME BOREDOM WHILST READING MY STORIES.

⊰•

✽SET IN THE HISTORY ERA✽

|1997|

"Well maybe if you hadn't been seen with her, I wouldn't be suspicious!" your voice was loud as you sat there, in the front passenger seat. The car was moving smoothly, allowing you to catch glimpses of the environment as it passed by. Michael, your husband of one year, was driving - however, not peacefully.

At present moment, the two of you were arguing about Lisa Marie Presley, the woman that Michael had been married to before he met you. Her and your husband had been very close during the course of their marriage, and you had to admit that you felt a tad bit insecure about it. You were feared that one day, he would leave you and return to Lisa - and you could not let that happen, because you loved him far too much.

The two of you were currently on your way to the Jackson family house, the intention being for everyone to gather and enjoy family time. Despite the fact that the pair of you were quite excited to go, an exchange of words happened to be inevitable - nothing new.

It was only eleven in the morning, and you were already exhausted. The sky was slightly dull, indicating that it would certainly rain, later on during the day.

"(Y/N), I just met her one time. We aren't doing anything inappropriate, so you shouldn't be suspicious at all," he sighed as he focused on the road.

"The two of you were holding hands," you scoffed a little. "In public!"

"It's not what you think it is, (Y/N)! She said that she was feeling a little ill, and she wanted to hold onto me for support!"

"Why did the two of you even have to meet?!"

"She's...going through some things," he closed his eyes for a moment before opening them again, a rather dangerous move, considering that he was supposed to be focusing on the road. "She just wanted to talk to me about her problems,"

"Yeah right," you muttered. "Talk about her problems. Michael, you're her ex husband, you shouldn't even be in contact with her,"

"Why not?" his voice became low. "Just because we're divorced, doesn't mean we can't remain friends. We're adults, and we need to act in a mature manner. We're not teenagers anymore. You know that I would never cheat on you, (Y/N), you know that I love you,"

You said nothing, turning your head so that you could look out of the window. Michael let out a breath, and a small groan escaped his lips as he continued to drive. A part of you understood that you may have blown things out of proportion, but there was another part of you that just could not help being bothered - it was a vicious dilemma, and you were the centerpiece of it all.

For the rest of the ride, the trip had been rather silent. Michael had stopped talking, and so had you. Most of your time was spent looking out of the window, and you had teared up a few times.

The tension was more than evident, but neither of you chose to address it. For some reason, it was unspoken that the less said, the better it would be.

Within an hour and a half, you and your husband had finally arrived at the family home. There were decorations, highlighting different areas of the porch, and despite the fact that you had not gotten out of the vehicle yet, you could feel the intoxicating vibe. It was wonderful.