•❊The Perfect Surprise❊•

NOTE BEFORE YOU READ:
APOLOGIES FOR ALL ERRORS.

THIS ONE IS HORRIBLE, BUT I DECIDED TO PUBLISH IT ANYWAY.

⊰•

✽SET IN THE BAD ERA✽

|1988|

You were seated on the large bed, staring at the telephone with an eager gaze. The bedroom was quiet, and you could hear the faint sounds of cars' engines as the vehicles moved by. The rest of the flat, that you rented on your own, seemed to be even more quiet than the bedroom.

Fiddling with your fingers, you continued to stare at the device.

At present moment, you were patiently waiting for your boyfriend to call you. He had a very busy schedule, and as you sat there - you began to wonder if he'd even call at all.

The sky was dark, and a few stars were out.

You were currently dating one of the most famous men in the music industry - Michael Jackson. The two of you had met when you bumped into him, after one of his concerts. You remembered being so excited when you had bought the ticket.

Buying that ticket was the best decision you had ever made. Michael and you had been dating for over a year now.

He was currently on his Bad World Tour, so he was constantly travelling. He often tried to call you after every performance.

Biting your lip, you let your mind begin to wander. Your birthday was in a few hours, and you despised the fact that you would not be able to spend the day with the man you loved. It was disappointing, but you knew what his work demanded from him.

Michael was a good man, always making it a point to treat you like a princess. He always showered you with gifts, a token of his love for you.

The media constantly portrayed Michael's character in the wrong light. They painted him out to be some sick weirdo, an image far from what he truly was. In the time you had gotten to know him, you had learned so much about whom he was.

And you loved everything about him.

Suddenly, the telephone rang, making you jump slightly before you smiled. You picked up the receiver and held it to your ear.

"Hello?"

"(Y/N), princess," his voice greeted you, making you smile wider. "How are you? I miss you so much," he breathed.

"Michael," you responded. "I miss you so much more. It's so good to hear your voice again," you ran your free hand over your lap gently, straightening out the material of your dress. "How was your day?"

"Ah, not very eventful. It was the same old," he replied. "But Tatiana was fired today," he referred to one of his backup dancers, making you frown a little.

"What happened?" you asked.

"She...uh..she kissed me, on stage," you could tell that he was wincing. "In front of every single member of the audience," he groaned slightly.

You had to admit, you found the situation a little funny. You weren't very close to Tatiana, so you didn't know much about her. The only thing you were aware of, was that she had a crush on your boyfriend. He had told you about her behavior, and it was a quite amusing to you.

You weren't troubled because you knew that Michael loved you, and only you. The same could be said for you, in relation to him.

"Aw, you poor baby," you let out a small laugh.