•❊Hold My Hand❊•

NOTE BEFORE YOU READ:
APOLOGIES FOR ALL ERRORS.

Also, I know that this song was written by someone else, and the details in my story are a little different - but that's why we call these imagines.

Please listen to the song and feel the moment, hopefully you feel the way I did.

If you weren't interested, my apologies.

⊰•

|July 16th, 2009|

You were seated at your dressing table, placing a clip to hold a part of your hair together. Your eyes were sad, and your face was pale. Your three children: Mia, 17; Richard, 16; and Elizabeth, 14 - were all out with their friends for the day. The mansion was quiet, and everything seemed dull.

Your husband, and the love of your life for eighteen years - had passed away a few weeks ago, and you were currently getting ready to go and visit his grave - he had passed away due to a drug overdose. You had on a long black dress that fell to your ankles, paired with black lace gloves.

Staring at yourself in the mirror, you recalled how Michael would always tell you that you were beautiful. He always made you feel special, and he always made sure that you knew you were loved. The news of his passing had shattered your heart, and there was no way anyone was going to fix it. He had been the one.

Standing up slowly, you walked over to put on your black ballet flats. You grabbed your purse, ensuring that you had what you needed. Your car keys were on the dressing table, so you moved to take it before going to open the bedroom door. Stepping out, you pulled it shut and sighed.

Memories, of Michael chasing you around the house, flooded your mind. You remembered how high you felt when you were with him. You loved him so much, and he had loved you too.

Descending the staircase slowly, you proceeded to walk to the front doors - opening them and exiting the house before letting them shut. Using your keys, you locked the doors. A sad sigh escaped your lips as you made your way to your car. The doors weren't locked, so you opened it with ease and entered - subsequently pulling it shut. Leaning against the seat, you closed your eyes for a moment.

"Michael!" you giggled as he tickled you. He had just brought you home from a shopping trip, and he had been particularly playful.

Opening your eyes, you came to realize that it was only just a memory. Sticking the key into the ignition, you started the car and began to drive off. With a heavy heart, you were on your way to visit the memory of the man you loved.

•❊•

It had taken you half an hour to get down to the area where he was buried, and once you had arrived, you had brought the engine to a stop. You sat there for a few minutes, recollecting your thoughts. Your heart was heavy and you felt like throwing up. You weren't sure how you were still alive without the man that was your other half.

You grabbed your purse and keys before opening the door and getting out. Once you were on your feet, you pushed the door shut and locked it before turning around and making your way to his tomb. It didn't take you long to reach it, and when you did - you spotted some beautiful, fresh flowers. Perhaps some of his other family members had been to visit.

You sat down on the ground and stared at the sight before you. Tears formed in your eyes as you thought about the good times that you had had with him - all the laughs, all the jokes, all the romantic moments, the feeling that he was home; it was all gone. In a split second, you had lost everything. Nothing was going to bring him back, no matter how much you yearned for him.

"M-Michael..." you sniffed. "It's (Y/N)," you let out a breath. "The kids and I....miss you. They went out today...with some of their friends," you continued. "So it's just me here," you looked down at your lap. "Michael....I...feel so empty...now that you're gone," you shook your head. "I....I...don't know...how to carry on...without you," you fiddled with your purse. "But I...wrote....this song..." you pulled out a small, neatly folded piece of paper from inside your purse. Your tears fell onto the item as you unfolded it, but you didn't care. "Perhaps you would have been able to tell me what you thought if...you were still here," you stood up slowly.

The piece of paper was open, revealing the lyrics that you had scribbled down.

This life don't last forever.
So tell me what we're waiting for.
We're better off being together.
Being miserable alone.

'Cause I've been there before, and you've been there before - but together we can be alright. When it gets dark and when it gets cold, we hold each other till we see the sunlight.

So if you just hold my hand, baby I promise that I'll do all I can. Things will go better if you just hold my hand. Nothing can come between us if you hold my hand.

The nights are getting darker, and there's no peace inside. So why make our lives harder by fighting love tonight, baby?

'Cause I've been there before, and you've been there before - but together we can be alright. When it gets dark and when it gets cold, we hold each other till we see the sunlight.

So if you just hold my hand, baby I promise that I'll do all I can. Things will go better if you just hold my hand. Nothing can come between us if you just hold my hand.

I can tell that you're tired of being lonely. Take my hand, don't let go, baby hold me. Come to me, let me be your one and only, 'cause I can make it alright till the morning.

Hold my hand. Baby I promise that I'll do all I can. Things will go better if you just hold my hand. Nothing can come between us if you just hold my hand.

You folded the piece of paper and placed it in between two beautiful flowers.

"I miss you, Michael," you whispered. "I wish you'd come back to me," you lowered your head before turning to leave.

~❊♡❊~
Okay, for sure - this one sucked!
My apologies!
But
Thank you so much for reading!
Lemme know your thoughts!❤
Lots of love!
Isha
~❊♡❊~
|Love|Hope|Truth|