•❊The Break❊•

NOTE BEFORE YOU READ:
APOLOGIES FOR ALL ERRORS.

⊰•

✽SET IN THE HISTORY ERA✽

|1997|

~❊♡❊~

You opened your eyes and stared up at the hotel ceiling. Turning your head, you looked to see that your husband of three years was asleep. You sat up slowly and smiled, gazing at the man you loved. You were married to the one and only, King of Pop - Michael Joseph Jackson. The two of you were very much in love, having dated for four years before getting married. Things between the two of you were amazing, and you were currently three months pregnant.

Michael was currently on his HIStory World Tour, and today was the first of his two day break. The both of you were staying on an island he owned, in the lavish hotel that was built on the aforementioned. Despite the fact that he was currently on tour, however, you did not accompany him because you were pregnant - and constant travelling stress was not good for the baby.

Getting out of the bed, you brought yourself to your feet before walking toward the outer balcony. The sun was out, and the breeze was gentle, making you smile as you stood there. Your night dress moved along gently, caressing your skin. You inhaled the morning air, a smile present on your face. The room was in view of the lavish beach, a pretty sight to behold.

You stood there for about fifteen minutes before you felt someone wrap their arms around your waist from behind you. You knew that it was Michael, making you giggle.

"Good morning, my love," he whispered, kissing your neck softly.

"Good morning," you turned around and draped your arms over his shoulders. "Someone looks happy," you looked at him.

"Last night was amazing," he winked. "These pregnancy hormones are working to my favor," he grinned like a little child.

You blushed and hit his shoulder playfully. "Shut up," you giggled again.

Michael chuckled before shaking his head. "But how are you feeling?" he asked, looking at you intently.

"A little tired," you answered. "Drained," your face fell slightly.

"You need rest," he frowned a little. "Come on, lay down and I'll get you something to eat," he took your hand gently and brought it up to his lips, kissing the back of it. "Come on,"

You followed as he led you back into the bedroom, helping you into the large bed. He gently ran his fingers through your hair before moving toward the bedroom door.

"I'll be right back," he said with a smile.

You nodded as he opened the door and stepped out, proceeding to shut the aforementioned. You laid back against the pillow and stared up at the ceiling. Gently resting your hands on your barely there bump, you smiled a little. You loved your unborn child so much, it made you happy to know that you would soon be welcoming a new life to the world.

Laying there for about half an hour, you waited before the bedroom door opened again, revealing Michael. He had a tray of food in his hands, and a glass of orange juice was visible. He had a smile on his face as he approached you.

You sat up as he brought himself to sit down beside you, placing the tray on your lap gently. There were buns, fried eggs, and bacon pieces on a large plate. Smelling the food, you broke into a wide smile - the food smelled delicious.

"Thank you," you said to your husband. There was a fork and a knife placed on the tray, so you picked up the prior and took a piece of bacon, putting it into your mouth. You chewed on it, feeling satisfied as you swallowed it. "Have some," you spoke to your husband, who was watching you with soft eyes.

"No, you eat," he breathed. "You need the energy,"

You opened your mouth to say something, but the telephone rang from atop the bedside table. Michael frowned and stood up, walking toward it. Picking up the receiver, he answered the call.

With a sigh, you continued to eat the food slowly. You looked up and saw that Michael was frowning as he spoke on the telephone. When you saw how disturbed he looked, your features contorted into a frown as well.

A few moments passed before he set the telephone down, turning to look at you.

"Baby, something's come up, there's been a fire at home, and Frank needs me back there," he referred to his manager. "I need to fly back, but I'll be back by this evening," he breathed. "I want you to stay here because the travelling will put too much stress on the baby," he kept his eyes on you. "I don't want you to overdo anything,"

Your face fell, but you understood what he was saying, and to be quite honest - you did not feel like travelling anyway. Nodding, you stuffed some more bacon into your mouth.

"Okay," you said softly, swallowing the food. "Just make sure to be back soon,"

"I promise,"

•❊•

Michael had left, and you were in the bedroom, finishing putting on your bikini. You had planned to go and swim because the day was beautiful, and you had nothing else to do. You put on a long coat over your bikini and walked out of the room, moving down a ramp that led to the beach. Your bare feet moved along the sand, allowing you to feel the heat. There were two large chairs, planted in the middle on the sandy path. You took off your coat and placed it on the chair.

A big smile was present on your face as you walked to the cold water, entering slowly. You shivered slightly before you had become fully submerged into the water. The feeling was pleasant, allowing you to relax. You stayed near the shore, swimming casually. Your hair was all wet, making you laugh a little.

You swam for a few minutes before you felt a strong current, pulling you down. Your eyes widened as you got pulled under. Doing your best, you tried to fight against the force of the current - however, to no avail.

You were being pulled under, and there was nothing you could do about it.

It was clear that you were going to drown.

~❊♡❊~
Thank you so much for reading!
Lemme know your thoughts!❤
Lots of love!
Isha
~❊♡❊~
|Love|Hope|Truth|