•❊Mistaken|Part Six❊•

NOTE BEFORE YOU READ:
APOLOGIES FOR ALL ERRORS.

⊰•

You frowned as you walked along the dark corridor. The night was pitch black and everything was so quiet that you could practically hear a pin drop, had it fallen. All around you was pure darkness, making you utterly confused as to where you were.

Reaching out, you could feel the walls, acting as a guide to help you walk along. Moving your feet slowly, you began to go along. In your mind, you kept telling yourself that you needed to find light. The dark had never quite been something that you enjoyed, not when you were scared.

At this point, however, you did not even know what you were scared of. For some reason, you just possessed a sense of fear in your heart. You felt as though something were terribly wrong.

Suddenly, you spotted a light, not too far away from you. Your heart began to race as you smiled to yourself. Telling yourself to follow the light, you began to stumble slightly - keeping your hands on the walls as a guide. It was not long before you arrived at the source of light, realizing that you had reached a well lit bedroom. Biting your lip gently, you carefully examined the room, doing your best to conclude where you were, and why you were there.

The faint sound of crying could be heard, making your eyes widen slightly. In the middle of the room, seated on the carpeted floor, was a woman. Her back was turned toward you and she was bent over. Long hair decorated her thin form, falling to her hips. She wore a white dress that appeared to be a little too big on her.

"Hello?" you spoke, hoping to catch her attention.

The lady did not turn around, staying bent over. Slowly, she began to rock back and forth, picking up pace every time she did.

"Hello?" you said again.

Upon hearing your voice for the second time, she turned her head - making you gasp in horror. Her eyes were huge and her skin almost looked...blue. Thick strands of hair fell over her face, giving her a terrifying appearance.

"Oh my God," you brought your hand up to cover your mouth.

"Oh my God!" you exclaimed as you sat up in bed, breathing heavily. Running your fingers through your hair, you took a look around - allowing you to see that you were in the dark bedroom. Realizing it was a dream, you let out an audible sigh.

Drops of sweat trailed down the side of your face as you did your best to recollect your composure. For some reason, the dream had felt so real.

Glancing at the small alarm clock, that sat atop the bedside table, it was noted that the time was three in the morning. You had been asleep for four hours, yet you felt even more exhausted than you had when you had initially gone to bed.

I'm at Neverland, and I'm safe. (Y/N), it was just a dream.

Your heart was racing, pounding in your chest violently as you recalled the images of the dream. With a dry mouth, you swallowed nervously.

I need water.

Bringing yourself off of the bed, you got to your feet and paused for a brief second, letting the blood flow to your legs. Running your hands over your night dress, you walked to the bedroom door and opened it - stepping out before pulling it shut.

The house was quite dark, but there were a few, dim, lights on. You could see where you were going, so the quality of the light did not matter to you. Quietly reaching the staircase, you licked your lips as you descended it.

A part of you was terrified to walk in the dim light, making you paranoid that you would somehow encounter the woman that you had seen in your dream. The image of her face was still stuck in your mind.

When you reached the bottom of the staircase, you spotted that the kitchen light was on - meaning that someone was awake. Raising your eyebrows slightly, you made your way into the kitchen - where you spotted Irene. She was seated at the granite counter, and her back was turned toward you. She seemed to be looking down at something, completely unaware that you were there.

As you approached closer, you identified that she was holding a photo album - opened out in front of her. Her eyes were glued on the pictures that rested inside of the clear envelopes.

"Irene," you said her name softly, making her jump up as she closed the album. Getting to her feet, she cleared her throat. A sense of confusion took over you when you observed her, noticing that her eyes were red - giving away the fact that she had been crying.

Using the back of her hand to wipe her face, she took the album and tucked it under her arm.

"Are you okay?" you inquired gently.

She looked away and shook her head slightly before she began to move her feet.

"Do you need help...or anything?" you asked, trying your best to be helpful. She looked troubled.

"It's none of your business," she muttered as she moved to walk past you.

You scoffed a little and turned around. "Are you really going to be like that?" you questioned, making her turn around to look at you. "You seem to hate me, and you seem to have done so ever since I arrived here. Granted, I was only here for a few hours...but still..." you trailed off.

"I don't have to like you," she retorted with a sour expression. "All you are is Michael's whore of a guest,"

"Yeah, I bet you'd know all about being a whore," you frowned and set your hands on your hips. "Why do you hate me so much?"

Irene stayed silent for a brief second before she looked away. "Just...stay in your lane," she said before spinning around and walking away.

What the hell?

~❊♡❊~
Welp, this chapter was not very good, but I decided to publish it anyway.
Thank you so much for reading!
Lemme know your thoughts!❤
Lots of love!
Isha
~❊♡❊~
|Love|Hope|Truth|