•❊Distinguished|Part Nine❊•

You gasped as you quickly fastened your hair into a loose bun. You had woken up late, and class had already started. You groaned and stared at your reflection in the mirror. Math class was your first of the day, and you were already late.

You cursed under your breath as you grabbed your bag from the floor, throwing the handle over your shoulder. You had on a loose sweater over jeans, so you were quite decent.

Grabbing your keys you rushed to the door, opening it and stepping out before you shut the aforementioned. After locking the door, you raced along the corridor, breathing heavily. The sun was out, and most of the students were outside. Glancing at your wrist watch, you realized that you were fifteen minutes late.

"Agh," you whispered to yourself as you dashed down the staircase, running out of your dorm building.

Your feet moved quickly as you went along the grounds, trying to be as fast as possible. You finally reached the lecture theater, entering with a huff. Everyone was seated, and Michael was talking - using the microphone.

"And-" he stopped when he saw you. You spotted an empty seat so you walked toward it. "Please, students, do make an effort to be on time," he folded his arms as you sat down. The students looked at you, and some females snickered, making you roll your eyes. You felt embarrassed, but mad at the same time. "Now, as I was saying," Michael continued. "The variable x will be here," he gestured to the large board, where a complex equation had been written out.

You took your book out of your bag, along with a pen - setting it on your lap. You were out of breath, and you had to psyche yourself up just to pay attention to the class.

This was going to be a long lesson.

•❁❁❁•

By the end of the class, you had taken many notes, and you felt proud of yourself for being able to concentrate - despite the fact that you were late. Many of the girls were staring at Michael with dream-filled eyes, making you let out a soft scoff. Most of the girls in your class were superficial, and it annoyed you to the highest degree.

"Right," Michael looked at everyone. "That will be all for today," he smiled a little. "Read over your notes, and I shall expect everyone to be on time, tomorrow,"

Some more students looked at you, but you kept your head down - packing your bags. As the students moved out of the hall, Michael cleared his throat into the microphone.

"(Y/N)," he said. "I want you to stay back,"

A few more students looked your way as you groaned, you wanted to scream. The rest of the remaining students vacated the area, leaving you and Michael alone in the lecture theater. He was at the front, so you walked up to him.

"(Y/N)," he turned to look at you as you readjusted your bag over your shoulder. "Late to class," he shook his head. "And this isn't the first time either,"

"I'm sorry, I'm really trying," you bit your lip. "I really am,"

"But not hard enough," he responded. "You're a smart girl, it's quite obvious," he breathed. "But you need to get your affairs in order,"

"You make it sound like I'm going to die," you laughed a little. When you saw that Michael's expression had not changed, your smile faltered.

"I am not joking, (Y/N)," he looked at you. "I want you to succeed, especially in my class,"

You nodded and looked down. "I'll....try harder," you sighed. "Although I don't know how much harder you want me to try," you muttered.

"I believe that you can be very successful," he gently placed his cold hands on your shoulders. "I know thay you just aren't trying hard enough. When you give it a little bit of effort, you'll do very well,"

"Thanks," you said lowly.

"But, all school talk aside," he flashed you a small smile as you looked up at him. "There's a place I want to show you. Come with me,"

~•❊•~
Thank you so much for reading!
Lemme know your thoughts!❤
Lots of love!
Isha
~•❊•~
|Love|Hope|Truth|