•❊The Edge❊•

NOTE BEFORE YOU READ:
APOLOGIES FOR ALL ERRORS.

HONESTLY, THIS ONE ISN'T VERY GOOD.

I HOPE YOU CAN TRY TO ENJOY IT NEVERTHELESS.

⊰•

✽SET IN THE BAD ERA✽

|1988|

You opened your eyes and stretched your right arm out, feeling the empty spot on the bed beside you. The area, which you had placed your hand on, was cold - indicating that either the spot had not been slept in at all, or that the person, that might have been sleeping there earlier, had gotten up a long time ago. With a groan, you blinked a few times and sighed. You had been laying on your stomach, so you turned to lay on your back. Moments like these had become rather normal to you, almost seeming to have developed into a vicious cycle.

Michael, your husband of three years, had always appeared to have disappeared in the mornings, gone by the time you would wake up. For the past six months, this had been the case. He would always either rise early or refrain from sleeping at all. Quite often, he would be found in the kitchen, the library, or the dance studio. Over the past few months, he had become somewhat of a recluse, hardly ever talking to you, or anyone for that matter. He never failed to show he loved you, however, and it was clear that his feelings for you hadn't changed - but it was very much obvious that he was deeply troubled.

The reason, as expected, was something that you knew. In the recent years, the media coverage of the man you loved had multiplied greatly - especially since he was at the peak of his career. More people were now paying attention to him, and more people wanted to be involved in his life. Wherever he would go, the press would follow him. Not too long ago, rumors had been spread - stating that Michael was weird man, a sick man. And that could not have been farther from the truth. He was the sweetest man alive, gifted with a heart of gold and a priceless soul. Within his spirit, he held the strong belief that love should be shared with everyone, as much as possible. You hated what the publicity was doing to him - he did not deserve to be suffocated and made to feel as though he were trapped.

It was just horrible.

About a two weeks ago, his appetite had begun to diminish. He hardly ever ate, and he hardly ever slept - if he went on like this, he was killing himself. You wanted the pain to stop, you wanted to end it but you didn't know how.

After looking around the empty room, you brought yourself to see what time it was. It was seven in the morning, and the sun was shining brightly. Had it not been for your concern over Michael, you would have wanted to go out and celebrate the beauty of the day.

Finally, you sat up and got to your feet, running your hands over your pajamas as you did so. The house was quiet, and this worried you all the more. Running your fingers through your messy hair, you made your way to the bedroom door - which had been closed. You opened it and stepped outside before pulling it shut.

Your feet moved along the corridor until you reached the grand staircase, allowing your feet to subsequently help you to descend. Once you entered the living room, a frown formed on your face when you saw that Michael was standing by the large window - his arms folded as he stared out. He looked so sad, and angry at the same time.

"Michael?" you called his name to capture his intention.

Silence. He said nothing.

"Michael?" you called again. This time, he looked as though he has been lost in deep thought, which he probably was. A moment passed before he turned his head to you, saying nothing. In his eyes, the hurt was so evident, the betrayal of people he had considered to be close to him.

You just stood there and kept your eyes on him. He let out a sigh and let his hands fall to his side. "Oh honey," you sympathized. "Have you slept at all?"

"No," he basically mumbled.

"Oh my," your heart sank. "How about I go and make you a cup of tea, and something to eat?"

"It's fine," his tone was cold. "I just need to be alone,"

When you heard this, you immediately understood that he wanted his space. However, you weren't going to leave him alone again. You wanted him to talk to you, to share with you how he felt - anything to help you understand his emotions.

You waited for a moment before walking over to Michael. He said nothing, moving to look out of the window once more.

"Michael," you breathed, making him look at you again for the second time. "You can't go on like this. You need to try to pull yourself back up. I know that it's hard, but I'm with you - every step of the way,"

"You can't fix this," he said lowly. "It's impossible,"

"Michael it-"

"I want to be alone, could you please leave?"

"I'm not leaving, Michael," you frowned. "You need to communicate with me,"

"There's nothing to communicate," he answered. "Now please go,"

"Michael you're being-"

"I said go!" he snapped. For a brief moment, pure silence seemed to have engulfed the room. When he saw that you were still standing there, he scoffed. "Never mind, I'll leave," he made an effort to walk past you, but you grabbed his hand.

It all happened so fast.

Michael pushed you away from him, causing you to fall backwards and hit your head on the dining table.

It wasn't long before you lost your consciousness, making everything go black.

~❊♡❊~
OML this one really did suck, I'm so so sorry!
Nevertheless,
Thank you so much for reading!
Lemme know your thoughts!❤
Lots of love!
Isha
~❊♡❊~
|Love|Hope|Truth|