•❊Unknowing|Part Two❊•

"You want Lisa to...marry you?" you gawked.

"Yes," Michael chuckled. You stared at him, an expression of surprise on your face. He kept his eyes on you, analyzing your features. "Are you not happy?" his smile faded away slightly 

"No, no, I am happy," you lied. "I just didn't expect you to think of marriage so soon," you tucked a strand of hair behind your ear and laughed.

"Well, I want to settle down with someone and start a family," responded. "I want kids of my own,"

You cleared your throat and kept your eyes on him, studying his beautiful features.

"I get it," you nodded, feeling like you wanted to cry. "I'm sure she'd be delighted,"

"I hope so," Michael breathed. "I really want to have a family,"

"I'm sure you'll have an amazing family with Lisa," you smiled a little.

Michael hummed in response, and you felt your heart sink. You wondered why he could never love you. Did you not seem suitable? You loved the man very much, and you had decided that you would let him go to Lisa.

He could never love me.

"She's coming over, tonight, for dinner, and I'm going to ask her then," he said.

"Oh," you swallowed. "Well, good luck,"

The two of you stood there in silence, staring at each other. You almost melted under his gaze so you looked away and cleared your throat.

"I should....get going," you gestured to the door. "Good luck with the proposal," you added.

"Thanks, (Y/N)," he moved to kiss your cheek. "You're the best,"

You blushed a little and said your goodbye to him, turning around to walk out.

He was never going to be yours.

•❁❁❁•

You burst into the house, slamming the door shut as you sobbed. The emotional pain was intense, making you feel hopeless. You loved Michael so much, but he didn't seem to love you.

Dashing up the staircase, you arrived at your bedroom door - pushing it open and stepping inside before closing it. Running to your bed, you collapsed onto the mattress. You felt like dying and you could not think straight. Michael's heart was with Lisa, not you.

Sniffing, you sat up and looked around the room. You wanted to be as far away from Michael as possible. You could not bear to see him in love with another woman.

You walked to your closet and opened the doors, pulling out your large suitcase. Tossing the bag onto the mattress, you opened it and began to grab your clothes from the closet. You did not know where you were going, but you needed to be far away.

Far from the pain, and far from reality.

•❁❁❁•

Michael.

Lisa had come over for dinner, and we were seated at the dining table. I was physically present, but my mind was elsewhere. I could not stop thinking about (Y/N). I loved her so much, but I doubted she felt the same way for me. She had never shown that she was interested in me, so I knew that I didn't have a chance with her. I wanted to tell her how I felt, but I was too scared.

I didn't know what pushed me to plan to propose to Lisa, I really didn't. I did want to settle down, and I did want to have kids, but I wanted to do these things with (Y/N). She was the only one in my heart.

Lisa was aware of my friendship with (Y/N), but she never said much.

"So, (Y/N), how do you like the food?" I asked.

Lisa stared at me, a frown formed on her face. "What did you just call me?" her jaw fell open slightly.

"What?" I frowned as well.

"You called me (Y/N)," she said.

"Oh," I mumbled.

Crap, Mike - great way to ruin things.

We stayed silent, and Lisa kept her eyes on me. She picked up the napkin and wiped the corners of her mouth before setting the item down again.

"If you love her so much, why don't you just tell her?" she raised an eyebrow.

My eyes widened, making a small smile form on her face.

"It's quite obvious that you love (Y/N)," she laughed. "I can tell that you're in love with her," she focused on me. "Go and get her, Michael. Tell her how you feel," she rested her elbows on the table. "Do it before it's too late,"

~•❊•~
This one sucked!
But
Thank you so much for reading!
Lemme know your thoughts!❤
Lots of love!
Isha
~•❊•~