•❊Away|Part Four❊•

You sat down on the large sofa, clearly shocked by what had just happened. After eighteen years, you finally saw your best friend again, and just like before - he left. A part of you was confused about his display of emotions. You loved him, and you were sure that he felt something for you - however, you weren't sure what it was. Tears were streaming down your face as you thought about Michael, remembering how much fun the both of you had when you were kids.

Standing up, you walked to the staircase, ascending it and pushing open the door to your room. You entered and let it shut behind you. A sigh escaped your lips as you walked over to your chest of drawers. Opening the bottom compartment, you fished out a small photo album that contained photos of you and Michael from when you were children.

You had almost forgotten that you owned the album, just like you had almost forgotten the fact that Michael was the person who meant the world to you. You took the album with you as you moved toward the bed, settling down at the edge. The album was old and it smelled like fresh roses, a scent that took you back to your childhood. Using your hand, you gently flipped open the hard cover.

The first photograph you saw was of you and Michael, posing for a photo after three months into your friendship. He had his arm around you, and he looked happy. His smile was bright, and so was yours. You looked shy, and sweet. The sight of the photo earned a laugh from you. It had been ages since you last viewed the photographs.

As you studied more pictures of you and Michael, the telephone rang. Standing up, you walked over and picked up the receiver.

"Hello?" you spoke.

"(Y/N)! It's Kim! Girl, I hope you can forgive me, I told Michael it was you," she greeted you. "He insisted, and I couldn't lie," she went on. "But it's better that he knows the truth, the two of you would look so cute together! I can imagine what the both of you would be like - oh my Goodness! Do you know that a ton of women are after him? And-"

"I get it, Kim," you laughed, cutting her off. "And don't worry, there's nothing to forgive. You didn't do anything wrong," you sighed. "You were just telling the truth,"

"Did he come and see you? He asked me for your address and phone contact, but I only gave him your address," she continued. "Are you mad?"

"No, I'm not mad," you giggled. "Yeah, he came over," you stayed quiet for a moment.

"Oh my goodness, the two of you kissed, didn't you?!" she squealed, making you jump. "Oh my God!"

"Sh! Shut up!" you responded.

"I'm right, aren't I? Come on, (Y/N), I know you better than you know yourself," she breathed.

You remained quiet for a few minutes before letting out a breath and humming. "Yes, we did. We....kissed," you said quietly.

"Oh my God!" she squealed again. "I was so right! The two of you do have something together!" she practically yelled.

"We don't have anything together," your face fell. "I kissed him, and he left straight away. He said I grew into something he could never have,"

"Girl! You need to tell me all about it!" she said. "And I have the perfect plan. There's another party tonight, and he's going to be there, I'm sure," she continued. "I've been invited, and I want you to accompany me,"

"Oh, Kim, I'm not sure if that's a good idea. I don't think he'd want to see me," you bit your lip.

"Of course he wants to see you! He's clearly in awe of you, and you need to show him what he's missing out on so that he can finally gain the courage to ask you out!" she exclaimed. "Best friends become lovers!" you could tell that she was wiggling her eyebrows.