•❊The College Predicament❊•

✽SET IN THE BAD ERA✽

•MODERN AU•

You threw your sweater on, and ran your fingers through your hair. Beams of sunlight were leaking through the beautifully designed window, illuminating your bedroom. You were staying in a dorm room, on the campus of the university that you studied at, and you were quite satisfied with the living conditions. You grabbed your bag from the carpeted floor, and put it on the bed - moving to grab a few of your books from the study desk. This was your third month, studying at the college - and things seemed to be going great.

Once you had packed your bag, you looked around the room to see if you had forgotten anything. Just as you turned your head, your mobile phone rang from your dressing table. With a small sigh, you walked over and picked up the device - checking the caller ID, only to see that your best friend, Luisa, was calling you.

Accepting the call, you held the phone up to your ear.

"Hello?"

"Hello, best friend!" she greeted you. "Whatcha up to?"

You giggled and shook your head despite the fact that she could not see you. "It's eight thirty in the morning, why are you calling me so early?"

"Because I have the day off! No classes for me, today!" she cheered.

A small smile formed on your face upon hearing her words. "Lucky you, I have three classes today, and the first is math," you rolled your eyes.

"Aw man, I was going to ask you to spend the day with me. I'm planning to go shopping. When do your classes end?"

"My last class finishes at five in the evening," you responded.

"Ugh, I wish you weren't so busy today," she spoke. "I'll just go on my own then,"

"I wish I could accompany you, I really do," you sighed. "But I've got classes to attend. You have fun,"

"I can't have fun without you girl, but thanks for the kind words. Let's meet up soon, okay?"

Luisa was also staying on campus, but she resided in another dorm building.

"Okay, take care," you said before disconnecting the call, tossing the phone into your bag.

You took your bag and put the handle over your shoulder, grabbing your keys from the dressing table and walking toward the front door. You opened it and stepped out before closing the door and locking it.

There were students along the corridors, and many of them were young couples. You sighed and moved along, feeling rather tired. As you came to think of the upcoming lesson, you cursed yourself for waking up. All you wanted to do was sleep.

A small laugh escaped your lips as you thought about how much you wanted to be back in your bed. You jogged down the staircase and walked through the main doors, instantly being greeted by the bright light of the sun.

Readjusting your bag over your shoulder, you bit your lip and continued to move. The day was bright and begging to be acknoweldged. Eventually, you arrived at the lecture theater where the lesson was to take place, and a few students had already taken their seats.