•❊Trust Me❊•

✽SET IN THE BAD ERA✽

|1988|

"But I already told you!" Michael yelled. "There's nothing going on between me and Tatiana!"

"How can I be sure of that, Michael?!" you raised your voice as well. "You've cheated on me before!"

If not already obvious, you were currently arguing with your boyfriend of two years, Michael Jackson. The both of you lived together at Neverland, and when he had returned home late for the fifth time of the week, you had questioned him. One thing led to another, and now the both of you were arguing about his fidelity.

Tatiana Thumbtzen was the female that you suspected your boyfriend of cheating with, and she was a backup dancer on his tour team. He said she was nothing more than a colleague, but the two of them seemed rather cozy. You had the right to be suspicious because Michael had cheated on you before, with Brooke Shields - a woman that he insisted was only his good friend.

"(Y/N), that was the past!" he responded. "You need to trust that I won't ever do that again! (Y/N), I love you!" he took a step toward you, but you took a step back.

"That's my problem, Michael," you sniffed. "I can't trust you," you shook your head. "I can't,"

You walked toward the front door, brushing past your boyfriend as you did so. Your car keys were in your pocket, so you intended to leave. However, Michael grabbed your hand, pulling you back.

"(Y/N)-"

"Let me go," you pulled your hand away from Michael and walked out toward the front doors. Michael followed you as you pushed one of the doors open.

"(Y/N), don't walk out!"

It was raining outside, and it was eight in the evening. Driving would be very difficult.

"Leave me alone," you bit your lip and walked out into the rain. "Don't follow me!"

You rushed to your car as the rain fell. Fishing the car keys from your pocket, you unlocked the door and opened it - getting in before shutting it.

Michael stood there, staring at you. You backed out of the driveway, and drove to the gates. Security opened them, and you sped out. You were sure that Michael would follow you, but you didn't care. You just wanted some time to think.

Gripping the steering wheel, you moved along. Tears streamed down your face as you focused on the road. You hated arguing with Michael, you just had a hard time trusting that he loved you, and only you.

As you drove, a thought suddenly came to mind. You decided that you would go to your best friend, Luisa's house. She always knew how to comfort you, and she always supported you.

You stepped on the accelerator and went ahead, with Luisa's house in mind.

•❁❁❁•

"Aw honey," Luisa rubbed your back gently. It had been a few minutes since you had arrived at your best friend's house, and you had shared your emotions with her. She had brought you a glass of water, and it was resting on the table in front of you. The sheets of rain, falling to the ground, had gotten worse. "I know that this is hard for you,"

"I just...wish there was a way for me to know that he really wants me," you shook your head. "Half of the time, I can't believe that he truly loves me," you used the back of your hand to wipe the tears away from your face. "But I love him so much. That's the truth,"

"I know how much you love him," she said gently. "But you need to learn to trust him, it's what will keep the two of you together," she continued to rub your back.

"I know," you bit your lip. "I know that I have to trust him, it's just....so hard," you looked up at the ceiling.

"I think I should make you some tea," she stood up. She was about to make her way to the kitchen before someone knocked at the front door.

"(Y/N)?" you heard Michael's voice from outside. "I know you're in there,"

You looked at Luisa before standing up. She gave you a reassuring look as you moved to the door. Opening it slowly, you saw Michael. He waa all wet, and he looked tired.

"What are you doing here?" you stepped out and shut the door.

"Looking for you," he threw his hands in the air slightly.

"Are you nuts? You're all wet!" you studied him.

"I'm not nuts," he smiled a little. "Just crazy for you," he kept his eyes on you. "(Y/N), you need to believe that you are the only one for me. Yes, I may have cheated, but that was in the past and-"

The door opened, and Luisa frowned at the both of you. "You know that you can come inside, right?"

"I'm wet, I don't really want to be an inconvenience," Michael responded. "There's just something that I need to tell (Y/N)," he looked back at you.

"Okay," Luisa nodded. "But remember....the door is right here," she whispered as she pushed it closed. "Right here,"

You laughed a little as Michael moved closer to you.

"(Y/N), please trust me," he bit his lip. "Because I want to spend the rest of my life with you,"

Your eyes widened as he got down on one knee, in the pouring rain. You brought your hands to cover your mouth as he fished into the pocket of his pants, bringing out a small - blue velvet box. He held it out and opened it, revealing a gorgeous diamond ring.

"M-Michael," you gasped. The diamond was huge.

"(Y/N) (Y/LN)," he began. "This has been on my mind for the past few weeks, and right now seems like the perfect time. In fact, every moment spent with you is perfect," he looked up at you. "Will you marry me? Be mine, forever?"

A small smile tugged at the corners of your lips. You could not believe your ears. Michael was asking you to marry him - commit to him, and share your life with him.

"Michael...I...." you trailed off.

"Say yes!" you heard Luisa squeal from inside the house. You giggled when you realized that she had been listening to the conversation.

"Please, say yes," Michael stared at you. "Don't deny me,"

The rain continued to fall, and the both of you were drenched.

You bit your lip and tears formed in your eyes. His proclamation of love meant the world to you, and you could not say no.

"Yes," you nodded. "I will marry you,"

You would find a way to trust him, you would make it work. The one thing you were sure of, was that you loved him, and that he loved you.

Love - the most important thing on the face of the earth.

~•❊•~
Thank you so much for reading!
Lemme know your thoughts!❤
Lots of love!
Isha
~•❊•~
|Love|Hope|Truth|