•❊The Disagreement❊•

NOTE BEFORE YOU READ:
This imagine is quite short, and may be poorly written. My apologies for a potential waste of your time.

•♡•

✽SET IN THE BAD/DANGEROUS ERA✽

|1990|

You were seated on the sofa in the large living room, rubbing your eight month old pregnant belly. Reading a novel, you were waiting for your husband to return.

Michael Jackson was the name of the man you were married to, and yes - he was the man that the world knew to be the greatest entertainer to have ever lived.

The time was five minutes after midnight, and you were waiting for Michael to return home from the recording studio. He was currently working on a new album, so most of his nights were spent away from Neverland - the place you knew to be home, ever since you married Michael, two years ago.

Rubbing your belly, you smiled when you felt the baby kick. Michael always loved feeling your little one kick. This was your first baby, so you were a little nervous - but you were sure that everything would be alright. Michael's presence in your life reassured you of this.

Suddenly, the front doors could be heard opening, making you close your novel before you set it onto the coffee table that wasn't too far away.

You stood up slowly, and saw that Michael was standing there. He had just arrived, and he looked tired. It broke your heart to see him so exhausted. He really was giving his all to the production of his new album.

"Michael," you breathed. "You're home," you smiled.

He glanced at you before making his way to the kitchen. You frowned and followed him, rubbing your belly as you did so.

Opening the refrigerator, he let out a sigh and fished out a small bottle of water. Once he was done, he straightened up and shut the fridge. He turned to face you, and his features were painted with a thick layer of exhaustion.

Something seemed to be troubling him, and it was quite obvious that he was very upset.

"What's wrong?" you asked softly, keeping your hands on your large belly.

Michael looked at you, and kept his eyes on your form. He studied you before shaking his head.

"Frank mentioned something to me, earlier today and it...troubled me," he answered.

"What did he say?"

"He said that.....he had....seen you with Jacob," he referred to your ex boyfriend that worked as a part of Michael's security team. "Back before you got pregnant and.....he...made a joke," he fiddled with the bottle of water in his hands.

"What?" you gawked.

"He made fun and said that the baby may not even be mine," he looked down. "And that there's a possibility that it may be Jacob's,"

You broke into a fit of laughter and shook your head. What you had heard was completely absurd.

"Michael, come on," you responded. "I've never been with anyone but you,"

"But how do I believe that?" Michael inquired. "What if you were with Jacob? There's no way to prove otherwise,"

"Michael, are you an idiot?" you scoffed. "Frank was clearly just pulling your legs. There is no way I could have been with anyone but you," you let out a small laugh.

"I'm not an idiot," Michael narrowed his eyes.

"Well you're acting like one," you replied. "I have never been with any other man but you," you stared at your husband. "Don't you love me enough to realize that?"

Michael remained silent, not saying anything. He placed the water bottle down onto the kitchen counter and shook his head.

"I'm going out for a walk," he said lowly. "Perhaps back to the studio,"

"Michael, what-"

"Don't wait up for me. You need your rest," he walked toward the front doors and pushed one of them open.

You watched as Michael stepped out, closing the door behind him. Tears formed in your eyes as you rubbed your belly. You could not believe that Michael would think such things of you. For the past few weeks, he had been acting strange around you, and you just wanted things to go back to the way they were.

You wanted your real husband back. The man you married was sweet, caring, and worshiped you. You wanted Michael back.

•❁❁❁•

It had been two hours since Michael had walked out, and you were in the bedroom that the two of you shared - looking through your jewelry box. As you sorted through your things, you came across the bracelet that he had gifted you on your birthday. You smiled as you held the delicate object, it made you smile.

Michael made you happy, and you just wanted him to realize that you could never even think of being with another man that wasn't him.

You sat there for a few more moments before the telephone rang from the bedside table. Standing up, you made your way over to the device and picked up the receiver, holding it up to your ear.

"Hello?" you spoke.

"Hello? Is this (Y/N) Jackson?" a male voice greeted you.

"Yes, this is she,"

"(Y/N) this is Frank," he responded.

"Frank," you scoffed. "I have a bone to pick with you and-"

"(Y/N), I need to tell you something important. Michael's in the hospital, he got into a bad accident,"

~•❊•~
This probably sucked!
But
Thank you so much for reading!
Lemme know your thoughts!❤
Lots of love!
Isha
~•❊•~
|Love|Hope|Truth|