•❊Letter❊•

NOTE BEFORE YOU READ:
APOLOGIES FOR ALL ERRORS.

NOW, THIS IMAGINE SUCKS, AND I JUST WANTED TO WARN YOU.

⊰•

✽SET IN THE BAD ERA✽

|1988|

You were seated in the living room of your small apartment, carefully sipping on a cup of tea that you had made. Seated across from you was your personal maid, Anna - a cup of tea in her hands as well as she read the newspaper in front of her. Silence seemed to overtake the room as you sipped on the warm beverage inside of the delicate cup between your fingers.

"It's such a beautiful day," you remarked as you looked out of the window, admiring the way the sun shone brightly.

"It certainly is," Anna looked up and smiled at you, making you do the same.

Suddenly, someone knocked at the door, making you widen your eyes slightly.

"I'll go and get it," Anna said as she stood up, walking out of the living room and towards the front door, which wasn't too far away.

You kept your focus on your cup of tea as you heard the door open, staying in place for a brief few seconds before it closed again. After a minute, Anna came walking back into the room with a small envelope in her hand, an evident smile present on her face. "A letter for you," she held it out, making your face light up.

From the expression on her face, you could tell exactly whom the letter was from.

Now, for the past few months, you had been communicating with a very special man - a man that went by the name Michael Jackson. Yes, indeed, the King of Pop. The two of you had gotten into contact when you had written a letter to him, expressing how much you had adored his music. He was, of course, a well known man, and when you had received a response from him - you had to admit that you had been quite shocked. He had actually replied to you, you did not think it could ever happen.

Following this occurrence, the two of you had engaged in a series of an exchange of letters, allowing you to get to know each other. It had not been long before you had begun developing feelings for each other, and you were over the moon. For the first time, you felt as though you had finally found someone who understood you.

The crazy part was, you had never met Michael - he had never seen you, yet, he was madly in love with you. Your situation was the perfect embodiment of the phrase 'love does not see with the eyes'.

The both of you had planned to meet soon, and you simply could not wait for the day. You would constantly watch his concerts on the television, and you would always listen to his songs when you had the time. It was pure bliss.

"Someone looks happy," Anna laughed as she studied you. "A letter from your love, I presume?" she questioned as you glanced at the address that was scribbled on the back of the envelope.

"Yes," you blushed a little.

Anna laughed a little before informing you that she would be in the kitchen. You nodded as she walked away, and once she had done this - you directed your attention to the envelope in your hand. A wide smile was plastered on your face as you tore it open, pulling out a small folded paper from inside.

Opening it up, your heart skipped a beat when you noticed the messy handwriting that belonged to the man you loved so dearly.

Dearest (Y/N),