•❊Always There❊•

NOTE BEFORE YOU READ:
APOLOGIES FOR ALL ERRORS.

THIS IMAGINE IS POORLY WRITTEN, AGAIN, MY APOLOGIES.

⊰•

✽SET IN THE HISTORY ERA✽

|1997|

You stood at the ledge of the tall building. Looking down below, you let out a sigh. Tears were streaming down your face, and your form appeared fragile. At this point, you cared for nothing, nothing at all.

Fiddling with the pendant that hung delicately on your chain, more tears flowed. The pendant was a small locket. Letting out a breath, you opened it and saw a picture of your husband, along with your beautiful children.

You had been married to the King of Pop, Michael Jackson, for five years now. The both of you were madly in love, and had three children: Mia, 3; Charlotte, 2; and Elizabeth, 1. Michael never failed to show you that he loved you, and you always made it a point to tell him everything.

Now, you suffered from severe depression and anxiety, something that Michael was aware of. You were currently seeing a therapist, but nothing seemed to be working. You still felt very lonely and empty, despite having the perfect family.

You and your family were currently staying at a hotel because Michael was on his HIStory World Tour, and you and the kids had surprised him with a visit.

It was currently midnight, and the children, as well as your husband, were asleep. The sky was dark, and the stars were out, shining brightly.

Clenching your fists, you stared at the ground below. The jump would be sure to kill you, ending it all. You moved closer to the edge, and your heart began to race. You were dangerously close to death, yet you weren't afraid.

Closing your eyes, you let out a breath as more tears ran down your face.

Am I ready to give my family up? Am I ready to die?

Suddenly, you heard a familiar voice call your name before someone pulled you back roughly. You gasped when you realized that it was your husband. Your legs were weak, so he was holding you up. He stared at you, allowing you to see that his eyes were watery.

"Are you crazy?!" he studied you. "(Y/N), what has gotten into you?!"

All you could do was cry. You wanted to argue, but you were far too drained. You wanted to justify your actions, but you just didn't have the energy.

"God," Michael whispered as he shook his head. "(Y/N), you have three girls that look up to you!" he searched your eyes, as if looking for an answer. "(Y/N), you are a mother!"

You began to sob, holding onto the man that you loved. He relaxed and began to rub your back.

"I just can't take it anymore," you said. "I can't deal with the emptiness anymore, Michael," you sniffed. "I can't,"

"Well you have to," he looked at you. "Because I'm not going to let you die," he held your shoulders. "Do you understand me?"

You bit your lip as you felt the strength return to your legs, allowing you to stand up straight on your own. However, Michael did not let go of you.

"I said do you understand me?" he repeated.

You blinked a few times before nodding slowly. Your eyes were swollen, and you felt as though you were going to faint.