•❊Runaway❊•

NOTE BEFORE YOU READ:
APOLOGIES FOR ALL ERRORS.

⊰•

✽SET IN THE OFF THE WALL ERA✽

|1979|

You were underneath a large tree, resting in your boyfriend's arms. You scribbled in your notebook as he ran his fingers up and down your upper arm. The day was beautiful, and the sun was out. It was ten in the morning, and it was Saturday. You and your boyfriend were at the park, where many children could be seen running around.

The name of the boy that you were dating was Michael Jackson. Everyone knew him as a part of group that were made up of him and his brothers. They made good music, and it was at one of their performances that you had met him. The two of you had been together for two years, and things were smooth.

You had been a stage hand when you first met him, and when his eyes landed on you - he had fallen in love instantly. You now worked as a waitress at a local cafe, and you had dreams to become an author.

Michael supported you all the way because he loved you dearly. He had always made it known that you could count on him.

There was just one tiny problem.

Michael's family members did not like you very much. The only person, aside from Michael, who liked you - was Janet, his younger sister. Katherine, his mother, hated you the most. She was always asking Michael to break off the relationship with you because she felt that you just weren't the one for him.

Of course, Michael didn't listen to his mother because he loved you - he could never let you go. At this point, Katherine believed that he had broken up with you because Michael had told her that lie just to stop her from going on about how wrong you were for him. The both of you were seeing each other in secret whenever the both of you had time.

It was easy for the two of you to meet because your house was not too far away from his. You lived with your best friend, Luisa, and she was always willing to help you and Michael. She would often leave the house so that you and him could be alone. Today, however, the both of you wanted to be outside. Despite the risk of potentially being found out, you were at ease.

"I love you so much," he whispered. "I never want to let you go,"

"I love you more," you giggled softly.

"I love you most," he quickly responded.

You were just about to open your mouth when you spotted a woman walking towards the both of you. Your eyes widened when you recognized her.

Katherine. Damn it, just when we thought things would go smoothly. Oh hell, she looks furious.

"Michael!" she exclaimed. "What the hell is this?!" she gestured to you as you sat up. "I thought you told me that you broke up with her," she set her hands on her hips.

You and Michael stood up as you dusted off your dress.

"Mother..." Michael trailed off. "I love her," he bit his lip. "And I really want to be with her,"

Katherine scoffed and shook her head. "You don't know what love is," she spat before taking her son's hand. "Come on, we're going home," she pulled him along. "And don't you dare fight back, I am your mother,"

Michael glanced at you with sad eyes before he followed his mother. Your heart sank as he disappeared. You wished that she would just accept the love that the both of you shared.

That was all you wanted.

•❊•

It was evening, and you had been in your bedroom for the rest of the day. You were upset, and you did not feel like talking to anyone. Luisa tried to cheer you up, but she failed. Your heart ached because you knew that Katherine did not like you, and that she would do everything possible just to seperate the two of you.

You were laying on your bed, and you stared out of your bedroom window. You let out a breath as you gazed at the stars, they were beautiful.

You heard Luisa knock on your bedroom door before she opened it. "(Y/N)," she said your name, making you look at her. "Come downstairs and have something to eat, I made dinner," she informed you.

"I...I'm not hungry," you shook your head. You hoped that Michael would call you.

"(Y/N)..." Luisa frowned a little.

"I said I wasn't hungry," you looked away. "I just want to be alone, right now,"

Luisa sighed before she pulled the door shut, walking away. You fiddled with your fingers and bit your lip gently before you heard something hit your window. A frown formed on your face as you heard it again.

You got up from the bed and walked to the window. When you opened it, you saw Michael, below. Your eyes widened when you saw him.

"Michael!" you exclaimed quietly.

He smiled and stared up at you.

"(Y/N), come downstairs," he spoke.

You stared at him for a moment before nodding. "Hold on," you said before rushing to the bedroom door. You opened it and stepped out before letting it close. You jogged down the staircase, glancing at Luisa in the kitchen.

"Michael's outside, I'm just going to talk to him," you whispered as she nodded.

You opened the front door and moved out before shutting it. You ran up to your boyfriend and threw your arms around him as his hands sat on your waist.

"Ugh, I was thinking about you," you pulled away to look at him. "Is everything okay?"

He let out a breath and frowned. "My mother wants me to break up with you, or else she'll disown me," he shook his head.

"So what are we going to do?" you inquired, staring into his eyes.

"We're going to run away," he said. "Together,"

~❊♡❊~
This one sucked!
But
Thank you so much for reading!
Lemme know your thoughts!❤
Lots of love!
Isha
~❊♡❊~
|Love|Hope|Truth|