Cake (Joysagi)

Requested by: No one

Type: Fluff

AU: None

Pairing: Joysagi (Joy x Usagi)

Joy's POV:

My smile widened as I heard the timer go off. I waltzed over to the oven, carefully taking out the cake I baked with my puffy pink baking gloves. It was a simple vanilla cake, but the frosting I was about to put on it would make it more interesting. I grabbed a light blue frosting thingy and started decorating the cake. I printed small hearts, bunnies and the word 'love' at the bottom of the cake. After fully decorating it, I put it on Usagi's plate. Today was her birthday, and I wanted to make it extra special for her!

"Joy! When's Usagi finally gonna arrive?" Meg impatiently asked from the kitchen.

"She'll be here in about twenty minutes! Do you have the balloons and poppers ready?" I cheerfully asked.

"Yup. Loon's got them all ready. Where are you gonna hide?" The white-haired girl curiously asked me.

"I'm not gonna hide, of course! She'll definitely notice something's up if I'm hiding too." I replied in a matter-of-fact way.

"Alright! But don't make us wait for too long. I'm surely gonna die if I stay hidden in the washing machine for over 8 minutes......"

"Understood!~"

I grabbed a colorful glass from the cupboard and poured some juice into it. I pricked a flag that had the number 17 printed on it in the cake and patiently sat down. If I remembered correctly, Spring and Fox were hiding in the bedroom, Meg was in the washing room with Loon and Eak was in the yard alongside Towntrap. After 10 more minutes, I finally heard the front door open up.

"I'm home!" Usagi's upbeat voice made me grin.

"Heya!" I energetically got up from my chair and greeted my girlfriend with a kiss to her cheek.

"Happy birthday, Bunny!" I happily beamed at her.

"Thanks a bunch! So where's the cake??" Usagi hungrily asked.

"It's at the table!" I simply replied.

Third Person's POV:

Usagi cautiously entered the eating room, prepared for any of her friends suddenly jumping out to scare her. She knew Joy had planned something for her, but she didn't know exactly what. A surprise party, she guessed, but when would her friends come out? Was Loon a part of the conspiracy? Usagi's train of thoughts came to a stop when she noticed the delicious-looking cake on the table.

"Oh my God!" Usagi excitedly went to sit in her chair.

"I baked it just for you! There's a few chocolate flakes sprinkled inside of the cake as well." Joy proudly stated.

"Thank you so, so much! This is already the best birthday ever!" Usagi diligently grabbed a fork to stab the cake with.

"Wait, wait! Before you attack, how about I show you your present first?~" Joy somewhat mischievously asked.

Usagi frankly really just wanted to devour her cake, but if Joy was using that tone, that present might just be better than cake. Usagi wiggled her eyebrows at Joy before getting up.

"Alright, then! Let's take a look at my 'present'." The blue-haired girl followed her girlfriend into the kitchen.

"It's in the hallway, Usagi~" Joy carelessly hummed.

The two of them walked through the hallway, and just in the middle, Joy stopped.

"So what's the surprise-"

"NOW!"

Usagi's high-pitched scream echoed against the walls of the hallway when four idiots jumped out and sloppily used party poppers that popped right in her face.

"Oh, geez....." Usagi stumbled back a bit, still wide-eyed.

Joy giggled at her girlfriend's dumbfounded face and high-fived Loon. Usagi broke down in laughter and even shed a few tears.

"Alright, you guys got me good!" Usagi grinned down at her best friend Loon.

"Where Eak and Towntrap?" Loon suddenly asked no one in particular.

"Oh, uh...... They were supposed to be with us right now....." Spring looked around a bit confused.

"Weren't they in the yard?" Fox chimed in.

"Don't tell me-"

"AAAAAAAAGGGGHHH!" Eak and Towntrap's screams sounded from outside the window.

Usagi and her friends rushed to the window that gave a view on her backyard. Eak and Towntrap were running away from an angry-looking cow.

"Eak! I told you not to throw a rock at it!" Towntrap yelled in between pants.

"Oh yeah! Blame it on me! You're the one who threw away my rope, so now we're gonna die at the paws of a cow!" Eak spat back.

"Loon! Give me some of those garlands you're holding, if you will!" Usagi opened up her window, a determined expression on her face.

"O-okay!" Loon handed her a few garlands.

Usagi stretched them before jumping out the window.

"W-what the hell is she gonna do?!" Meg frantically asked Joy.

"She's gonna save those fools from that cow." Joy casually replied.

Usagi bolted after the cow, the stretched out garlands in her right hand.

"HIYAAAA!" She let out a roar and jumped on top of a plastic chair before landing on the back of the cow.

Usagi wrapped the garlands around the cow's neck, and used it as some kind of puppet strings. She tightly held them and led the cow in a random direction away from the two screaming boys. Usagi rode on top of the cow all the way back to it's farm, where the cow had escaped from.

"Oh, thank you so much!" The farmer gratefully took over the cow from Usagi.

"No problem!" She cheerfully replied.

Back at the house, Meg was scolding Eak and Town.

"You totally wrecked that cow out there, Usagi!" Joy threw her arms around Usagi's neck.

"That was easy as pie!" Usagi pridefully bragged.

"Alright, alright! We get it..... Can we just skip to the cake now?" Eak asked with a sigh.

"That's everything I wanted for my birthday." Usagi said in relief.

"And me~" Joy whispered in her ear.

Usagi felt her cheeks heating up as Joy hysterically laughed at her facial expression. Looks like she'd be getting two kinds of cakes for her birthday ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)