Cheer Up (No Pairing)

Requested by: HayoonaAH2

Type: Angst, slight fluff

AU: None

Pairing: None

Third Person's POV:

Puppet grumbled something under his breath as he started cooking up some mac n'cheese. God, what a shit day....... That math test went completely differently than how Puppet had imagined it to be, his favorite shirt was ruined because some clumsy kid spilled their drink on it and he embarrassed himself in front of Chica by accidentally sewing his tie onto a dress he was working on.

"Pup, I'm home." Puppet heard a door slam from the living room.

What now? Mai's tone was surprisingly hostile. Puppet watched his sister walk into the kitchen, an obviously forced smile on her face.

"What's up with you?" Puppet wasn't really in the mood for talking, but he knew something was up with Mai.

"Nothing." Mai threw her bag onto the counter and prepared to walk into the living room again.

"Uh, yeah, there clearly is something wrong." Puppet frowned and followed after his twin.

"Whatever, man....... It's none of your business." Mai crossed her arms and ploffed down onto the sofa, forced smile completely vanished.

"Don't talk to me like that! Why do you have such an attitude all of a sudden?" Puppet started growing frustrated.

"Because." Mai shrugged and blew some hair out of her face.

"Mai, seriously! I've had a shit day already, and I don't need you to act rude to me now too!" Puppet didn't mean to yell, but he ended up doing so anyways.

"Oh, piss off Puppet!" Mai's voice suddenly raised as well.

Puppet froze up as he saw Mai's eyes well up with tears.

"You're always making this about you! It's always 'Oh Mai leave me alone I'm having a bad day' or 'Why you gotta act like that, Mai? God!' Why am I always the one that's just gotta smile and comfort you on your bad days?! Am I not allowed to have a bad day?!" Mai's voice went from angry to sad in mere seconds.

Silence fell between the two siblings. Mai took a few breaths to calm herself as Puppet uncomfortably rubbed his arm. The microwave's alarm went off, and Puppet was thankful that both him and his sister could eat their food to distract themselves from the tension.

Well, it didn't really work.

After Puppet had served the mac n'cheese, he and Mai went to sit across from each other at the table. Mai took small bites out of her food, but clearly didn't have an appetite. Puppet nitpicked in his food while looking down at the table in shame. God, he really was a shitty sibling...... Mai was right, whenever Puppet had a bad day, Mai was always the one comforting him. But when Mai was in a bad mood, Puppet just shrugged it off as her overreacting to something.

"I'm sorry, Mai......." Puppet quietly said.

"No, I'm sorry....... I shouldn't have yelled at you like that. I was being kinda bitchy, anyways." Mai humorlessly chuckled.

"Nah. I don't know what caused you to have a bad day, but I'm sure that you've got a good reason to be upset about it. You're my sister, Mai. I should be there for you when things get rough." Puppet put his fork down and looked at Mai with sincerity.

Mai lightly smiled at that.

"Do you wanna talk about what happened?" Puppet carefully asked.

"Not really......" Mai emptily replied.

"Okay, no problem. Want me to cheer you up?"

"Yeah......."

Puppet grinned and waltzed into the kitchen.

"What're you doing?" Mai curiously asked.

"Getting you my self-made mystery pancakes~" Puppet smoothly picked up a plate of mystery pancakes he'd hidden in the cupboard.

"What?! But how?? I thought you didn't know how to bake those!" Mai's face completely lit up at the sight of the awful pancakes.

"Well, I've been practicing a lot on baking them while you were at your soccer practices with Deuz! It's definitely not gonna taste as good as yours, but hey, I tried." Puppet put down the plate in front of Mai.

"Aww, Pup!" Puppet smiled at Mai's touched expression.

"Bon Appétit, ma soeur~" Puppet stated in a charming voice.

Mai immediately dug in on the pancakes. Puppet patiently waited for her to finish one, and quickly took notice of the fact that Mai had began crying.

"Are you okay?" Puppet blinked a bit in surprise.

"Yeah, these are just.......so terrible!" Mai managed to say in between a mouth full of pancakes.

"Thank you~" Puppet knew that was a compliment.

After Mai finished the pancakes, Puppet put a movie in the DVD player.

"I hired Barbie Girl." He simply announced.

"What???" Mai looked absolutely dissapointed.

"I'm just kidding! It's The Texas Chainsaw Massacre!" Puppet said with a snicker.

As Mai sighed in relief, Puppet put Mai's favorite blanket over the two of them. It was a pastel purple one with kitty paws printed on it. As the movie started playing, Mai took a sip of her soda before resting her head against Puppet's shoulder.

"Thanks for cheering me up, Pup......" Mai quietly said with a bright smile.

"It's the least I can do after all you've done for me, Mai. So just sit back and relax while your older brother secretly shits himself at these gruesome deaths."

"You're the younger brother, Pup."

"Just let me have this."

Puppet almost screamed as Leather Face appeared underneath the floor. Mai on the other hand, was having the best time of her life. Oh well, at least she cheered up.