address to the citizens

Countries around the world experienced alarming drops in population. Korea, no matter how great of a country we are, were no exception. The drop started slowly before rapidly falling, impacting the West before slowly seeping into every other country of the world. We as a country have decided the best course of action is to take matters into our own hands. 

Countless research has been made. Massive funding has been given to our technology team, all in hopes to solve our population problem. Years have been spent making the unachievable, achievable, years of scientists slaving to find a foolproof method to solve this disastrous population problem. Those years have borne fruit, a fruit that will help us out of this predicament.

Perfect Match.

What is Perfect Match you ask? Perfect Match is an elaborate algorithm whose sole purpose is to match people most compatible with each other. Perfect Match will now be used to determine who your future loved one will be.

Rest assured, this is temporary. We are trying to ensure our population doesn't go extinct. Perfect Match is completely safe. After it was engineered, we sent our findings to the World Health Organization, and after thorough examinations, ran test trials in the United States. Of course, it proved to be successful and now it is available for use in any country that can afford it.

Perfect Match is engineered to match you with the person you are most compatible with. Research has proven time and time again that the most compatible couples yield the most and healthy offspring. Perfect Match erases infidelity. Along with the algorithm pairing, our team has engineered a marking— one placed just above the heart, activated only through us. This mark will start to take effect once it is touched by the compatible person's blood.

This mark will monitor you and ensure that you and your match don't have any problems. It will connect you to them, nudge you into the relationship, fueling attractiveness and appeal. The color of the mark is dependent on each pairing. No match will ever have the same color. While the mark is meant for good, it can also show signs of the bad. Marks will grow rotten if the matches hurt each other in any way, shape, or form. Violence against your matches will not be tolerated.

Perfect Match will commence on the 21st of August, of the year 2074.

No couple is exempt from this. We have come up with techniques to ensure that those couples that have children will be provided for fairly. Sexual orientation does not exempt anyone either. Everyone twenty-two and over will be required to partake in the Perfect Match ceremony every year until they find their perfect match.

Thank you all for your time. Change is hard, believe me, but this is for the future of our beautiful country, our precious Korea. Once we have met the population standard, there will be no need for this system. Everything will return to normal. I promise you that.

We are the future of Korea. We must do everything in our power to preserve it for all future generations.

Details concerning Perfect Match will be delivered to every home, containing more details about the Perfect Match system. It is encouraged for every single one of you to read it.

Thank you.

— Jeon Donghyun

President of Korea

Proclamation Issued: 13 January 2074