venit omittere | 2.1.6

Jimin was the last person to show up to Namjoon's room, carrying the different suppressants that Ruby had asked for. He gave them to her quickly, heart hurting at Namjoon's current state. He handed the suppressants to Ruby wordlessly who immediately administered the suppressants. Namjoon's body jerked at the impact, his mark glowing brighter than it had been a few moments ago before receding. The anger the mark possessed gradually decreased until it blended into his body. Namjoon's body began to stabilize, taking deep breaths.

Jimin gravitated towards Yoongi, keeping his eyes trained on Namjoon and Ruby. Jungkook sat there, unable to do anything but fidget his fingers. Finally, Namjoon's eyes opened, unfocused but aware all the same. Ruby helped him sit up gently, feeling his face for any other potential illnesses.

"I'm fine," Namjoon mumbled, swatting Ruby's hand away weakly."I need water. I'm parched."

Ruby immediately handed him a water bottle, which he gratefully took and drank in one go despite protests. He looked around, surprised that there were many people in his room. Slowly, his eyes cleared and he was able to make out faces in the figures of his room.

"Namjoon, are you okay?" Yoongi asked, kneeling down to meet him."What happened? Jungkook only told us that Taehyung's hurting your perfect match."

"Yeah." Namjoon grimaced."He is. Taehyung's been waiting to punish me for years now. He never had any real evidence on me, but now he does. He knows I took Jungkook, he saw him with his own eyes. But that wasn't his main interest. He wants Jungkook back." He sighed, catching his breath before continuing."When Aaliyah disappeared without a trace, Taehyung convinced Jungkook's parents to make sure that if Jungkook ever disappeared on them, they would be able to find him with ease."

He fell silent, letting the words he said sink in. Yoongi turned to Jungkook, eyes widening in alarm.

"Jungkook has a tracker in him, doesn't he?" Yoongi stated quietly. Namjoon nodded.

"He does. However," he paused."Taehyung cannot access Jungkook's exact location yet. When Taehyung convinced Jungkook's parents to plant a tracker in him, they did so in a way that would still give Jungkook liberty. He could go wherever he chose for days at a time. The tracker would only be activated if Jungkook was, for example, kidnapped. Even then, apart from Jungkook's parents, only two other people had the clearance to activate it. My perfect match and myself, the ones that made it."

"Can't we just take the tracker out of him?" Jimin questioned, casting a glance at Jungkook who's face was rigid with shock. Namjoon shook his head.

"The way we engineered the tracker makes it nearly impossible to extract it." Namjoon said."The tracker intertwined with his DNA structure so that the tracker couldn't be detected nor extracted by anyone. To extract it, we would need to completely alter his DNA structure, something that has been done, but not without lasting consequences."

"So that's why he's hurting your perfect match." Yoongi murmured, placing a hand on Namjoon's shoulder."But how is the pain your match is feeling, your pain as well? I know that you can feel an injury but with the way your mark looked, it was almost as if.."

"Almost as if you were injuring your match yourself." Ruby finished. Namjoon smiled, not out of happiness, but of guilt.

"You all forget. My ancestors developed the Perfect Match system. As time went on, there were always people against it. So they developed torture techniques to subdue them." Namjoon said grimly."They developed ways to injure Perfect Match bonds, succeeding in driving them to pain and insanity. The mark is merciless towards those who hurt their perfect matches in any way. They exploited that aspect of it. That's what Taehyung is using."