venit omittere | 2.1.7

Jimin swore he could feel Yoongi's anger dissipate as he deepened the kiss. Yoongi's hands tentatively circled around Jimin's wrist, his hands grasping tightly. Jungkook felt Yoongi's body relax, so he let Yoongi go, feeling uncomfortable for being in the middle of Jimin and Yoongi kissing. Jungkook looked away, feeling bothered at the sight, feeling his heart hit a beat too hard.

Jimin pulled away, smiling once he saw the clarity of Yoongi's eyes. Yoongi was looking at him surprised, his anger seemed to have disappeared. Yoongi turned to Namjoon and Ruby.

"I was about to lose it wasn't I?" Yoongi chuckled nervously. Namjoon nodded, his eyes containing excitement and curiosity.

"Fascinating," he muttered, thinking to himself for a bit."Yoongi, didn't you already make the bond permanent?"

"Well, yes." Yoongi shifted away from Jimin, relaxing next to him. Jimin instinctively edged closer, placing a reassuring hand on Yoongi.

"And Jimin had a similar effect that Hoseok would have had on you." Namjoon breathed."Intriguing. I would definitely like to try something."

"Go for it, but first, I need answers," Yoongi demanded."You and Seokjin? How did that come into play?"

"To keep the power from flowing into civilian hands, government officials hold their own private Perfect Match ceremony. The daughters and sons of officials are all placed in one pool and from there the algorithm chooses. Jin was a second-year like you were Yoongi when I participated in the perfect match algorithm. When it was my turn, I was matched with Jin, much to everyone's surprise. 

"It had been a long time since one of the original ancestral families had paired with each other. It didn't faze them that we were matched. This was private. No civilian would find out. Everyone that witnessed it was forced to stay silent." Namjoon said, a small smile in his lips."For me, it was a blessing. I grew up with Jin and I had developed feelings for him as time passed. We had been inseparable. To me, it felt only natural that we were paired together. We just clicked with each other."

Jimin pondered wistfully at the statement. He could relate to the statement. That's how he felt when he was with Hoseok. They just clicked. And now, with Yoongi. Although they hadn't clicked at first, it became natural to be around him, something that Jimin had come to appreciate.

"So Hoseok and I are the first citizen same-sex match." Yoongi stated."While you and Jin are the first official same-sex match in history. I didn't realize that the government held its own match ceremony."

"The only government official that has to participate publicly is Jungkook." Namjoon continued. "Even then, it's rigged. Had Jungkook done the Perfect Match algorithm this year, his match would have already been predetermined by someone respected in the government, unless someone like Jin or myself purposefully meddled with the algorithm to have him match with someone we wanted him to match with. At the end of the day, the algorithm is still technology. 

"Technology can be manipulated to favor a party over the other. This year, Jin and I didn't know if Hoseok was going to find a match. The likelihood of him finding a 'same-sex' match was slim. When designing Hoseok, we looked at all the recorded children, gauging their personalities. Through that, we made his personality and everything unique enough to prevent him from being paired with a girl. A few months later, we created Jimin, someone who was supposed to complement Hoseok. That way, if Hoseok failed to obtain his perfect match once he reached of age, there would already be an assured match for him."

"Wouldn't that mean that Hoseok and Jimin are perfect matches themselves?" Yoongi questioned. Namjoon nodded, tapping on his bracelet five times, producing a large screen, one that showed Hoseok and Jimin side by side, their statistics next to them. Yoongi watched a number appear in between them, his curiosity increasing.

100% perfect match.

"Now look if I put you instead of Jimin." Yoongi watched patiently as his own vital stats appeared in lieu of Jimin's, the algorithm beginning its calculations.

100% perfect match.

"Now, let's put Jungkook instead of you." Namjoon stated, switching the profiles once more."Just to prove that I'm not making this up."

15% perfect match.

"You should put me in it too!" Ruby snickered."Just for fun." Namjoon nodded at the statement, putting her after Jungkook. An even lower number appeared between Hoseok and Ruby, the number less than ten percent.

"That doesn't explain Yoongi and I." Jimin said puzzled."I get Hoseok. You made me in a way that I would be his perfect match in case he didn't find someone in his first year. I get that. It doesn't explain what Yoongi and I have though."

Namjoon smiled hastily."But it does." He swapped Hoseok with Yoongi and put the stats of Jimin and him together. Jimin looked in anticipation, not knowing what to feel as the percentage kept increasing until finally, it stopped.

100% perfect match.

"You complement Hoseok. You're like him in so many ways." Namjoon explained."It would only make sense that his actual perfect match would be yours too. You're not just someone who was engineered. You're a catalyst for us. You have the ability to change everything." Namjoon's eyes lit up in excitement."You are change itself. Granted, you three cannot be together, but this is still a promising breakthrough itself."

"Why can't he be with both of us?" Yoongi asked, mostly out of curiosity.

"The Perfect Match system cannot bind three people together. That would defeat its purpose. It would end up destroying all three of you. Don't worry though. Jimin, this does not mean that you don't have your perfect match. You do."

"Yeah, and both of my perfect matches are paired with each other!" Jimin snapped, feeling a weight on his shoulders. Namjoon shook his head.

"Jimin, none of this is ever done accidentally." Namjoon grimaced."You do have your actual perfect match. It worked out perfectly well actually. It does pain me to say you are more of a backup plan than anything, but a backup plan is still important." He paused."Jungkook. What were your first thoughts when you met Jimin?"

Jungkook, who had been left speechless by the number of revelations zoned back in. At the question, his eyes widened, an intense blush spreading onto his cheeks. He could feel Jimin's piercing gaze on him, his brown eyes staring at his own fiercely, tinged with curiosity and suspicion. Jungkook cleared his throat, before shrugging, hoping his voice wouldn't betray him.

"Well, I thought he looked cool? I guess because the first time I saw him was when I went to go get Yoongi and they were practicing," he replied after a while. Namjoon nodded once, turning back to the screen.

"Shortly after Jimin was made, the Jeon family came to us, asking if my father would help them have another child." Namjoon said softly."You see, after the birth of the first child, the First Lady almost died. Since then it was stressed that she could not have any more kids. If she did, she would die. She was sterilized soon after, but she had always wanted another child. So Jin and I gave her one. A boy."

"Me," Jungkook whispered. Namjoon nodded, gesturing towards the scene, where Jungkook and Jimin appeared side by side.

100% perfect match.

"This is a lot." Jimin breathed, his gaze not moving from the screen. Yoongi wrapped his arms around him, an action that Jimin welcomed with open arms. Yoongi himself was shocked beyond words. Couldn't Namjoon have told them this step by step? But all at once, it felt like too much to burden all at once.

"It is a lot." Namjoon agreed."I was nine when I managed to figure out how to develop children. I worked alongside my father day and night until I figured it out. It was normal for me to do so. My father knew how intelligent I was and put my skills to the test. He started what I and Seokjin would later come to finish, twenty years later."

"What we will finish." Yoongi nodded. Still holding Jimin in his arms, he turned to look at Ruby briefly. Ruby's lips were pressed into a thin line, her eyes clouded. She met his gaze, her lips turning into a smirk. The cloud of her eyes disappeared and she looked at Namjoon.

"What's the plan?"

a/n: another reason i love jimin tbh. his traits are flexible. though he can complement hoseok and yoongi, yoonseok wouldn't necessarily match with others, which is why jungkook (who was also made) wouldn't match with anyone but jimin.