venit omittere | 2.0.9

Jimin had wanted to do something exciting for his birthday. He wanted the adrenaline to course through him. A normal birthday, doing exciting things to finally celebrate that he was eighteen.

He got it. The excitement, the adrenaline coursing through his veins. Just not in the way he was expecting.

Ruby had gathered Yoongi, Jeongyeon, and him together in one room. There, Ruby broke the news: they would all be working together to kidnap the President of Korea.  Namjoon, from the mansion, had come up with the plan, she said, informing them that the probability of success was around eighty-five and that some of them would get injured, or worse.

Die.

Jimin wasn't too keen on the idea of being in the same team as Jeongyeon. It was common ground that Alpha B's and Alpha C's didn't get along particularly well. While it was easy for Betas to get along with C's, Alphas had a more difficult time tolerating on another. While B focused on the use of technology, C focused on alternatives and physical combat which meant that they naturally wouldn't get along from the start.

But when B's and C's worked together, they made a fantastic pair. Out of all the pairs that could be made with Alphas, Alpha's B and C offered the most destruction and were most successful. It was a powerful team, which was why Ruby had needed both of them to work together.

Now he was here. Team bonding and getting wrapped into a mission he didn't have a part in. He didn't even know why Namjoon had wanted to kidnap the President. What was his ploy there?

Whatever it was, at least he had Yoongi with him here. He saved him from completely destroying Jeongyeon. Jeongyeon also wasn't happy to be paired up with him, but she reluctantly obliged. She still took any opportunity to made snide remarks, something that did irritate Ruby.

At this point in time, he didn't know what time it was. He did know that too much time had passed for it to not his birthday. And here he was on his birthday, spending it working together with Ruby and the others, on this supposed S class mission.

"How do you feel about going on your first ever mission?" Jimin asked Yoongi as Ruby let them have a break. Yoongi shrugged.

"I'm excited." Yoongi answered."I've been wanting to cause some wreck."

"Yoongi, your Alpha A is showing." Jimin half teased. Yoongi rolled his eyes at the remark.

"Yoongi, you're needed. Sending you the coordinates now." Ruby said, not looking up from her bracelet."You have ten minutes tops. If you don't make it back in time, I will get on you. You will be punished."

Yoongi nodded, looking at Jimin apologetically."I have to go. Go talk to Jeongyeon. I'm sure she'll love the company."

"Yeah not a chance." Jeongyeon called back, scrunching her nose in disgust."Jimin and I, we don't mix."

"Well learn." Ruby snapped."You two are in a field team together."

Yoongi bowed quickly, walking to the destination he was meant to go. Jimin watched him go,a frown settling onto his lips.

He didn't tell me happy birthday.

Of course Yoongi knew that it was Jimin's birthday. He just didn't feel it necessary to say when they had more important tasks at hand.

Besides, he wanted to see if he could get a little cake or something. Even a cupcake would suffice.

For now, Yoongi hurriedly walked to his destination, his heart threatening to escape from his chest. Ruby giving him leeway only meant one thing.