venit omittere | 2.2.6

Aaliyah was falling for him. Hard.

She hated it.

She hated how much stronger their bond had grown over two weeks. She hated how now she would look forward to seeing his face every day. They had progressed to the point where he was the first thing she woke up to in the morning to the last thing she would see at night. She hated how comfortable she was towards him. How now, she couldn't imagine her life without him. How she almost didn't want to kill him anymore.

Almost.

Taehyung stirred beside her, his arms pulling her closer to his chest. She obliged, keeping him wrapped in the sense of security she had carefully woven around him. He didn't suspect anything. All she needed was the right time to do it. Fortunately for her, she had been given the perfect opportunity by Taehyung. She only had to make sure they didn't finish the Perfect Match bond. If they did, she would lose everything.

It almost pained her that she was going to hurt him. Despite what he had done before, Taehyung was trying his best to be the match he was supposed to be to her. Of course, he was doing it in a way that involved her kidnapping and her developing Stockholm Syndrome as those in the twenty-first century liked to call it.

"Morning," Taehyung mumbled, smiling at her before giving her a quick kiss."Today's the day."

"I know." Aaliyah smiled, running her fingers over his hair."I don't know how to feel though."

"They loved you before," he whispered, brushing his lips against her knuckles."They'll love you now."

Taehyung stood up, his chest showcasing his mark, which glowed dimly. It still had edges of black on it, especially near the end parts. But now, it looked almost completely normal. Like how it was supposed to look like. Aaliyah mustered a smile before getting out of the bed herself. She hadn't been in this house for a long time. This was her old home, the home that she, Jungkook, and her parents grew up in. It was so long ago, but she could still remember the twists and turns her and Jungkook would play around when they were kids.

"Get ready. In about twenty minutes we'll present you." he smiled at her once more."I have to go get ready. Your clothes are already set for you."

"Taehyung." she swallowed. He stopped, raising his eyebrow at her expectantly."I love you."

She waited for the guilt to begin in her insides, reminding her that she was lying to Taehyung. She found none, only gaining relief upon saying it, a weight lifting off of her shoulders.

Taehyung's gaze warmed at the remark, his smile dazzling enough to light a thousand rooms."I've always loved you, Liyah. Now get ready."

Once he left, she sunk back into the bed, feeling tears well up in her eyes. Everything was going right. This isn't what she wanted. This isn't what she planned. This wasn't how everything was supposed to go. She wasn't supposed to be feeling anything for Taehyung. Nothing except hatred and the want for vengeance. She looked at the outfit laid out for her, attempting to suppress the want to not do anything. Today was the day she finally got her vengeance. She wouldn't let anything get in her way.

Not even her obvious feelings for Taehyung.

Aaliyah went into Namjoon's old room, satisfied with finding a gun stashed neatly in one of his drawers. She made sure it was loaded before putting it in her belt. She paused, contemplating on whether or not sending a message to Namjoon, before rummaging through his things once more. There, she successfully found a communicator, one that she and he would use to communicate. She turned it on, sending the signal that she and he would use to recognize each other. At it, Namjoon immediately popped up, his gaze of relief and concern.