initium finis | 1.0.3

"Alright, you two. Shirts off."

Yoongi stiffened as the words Namjoon said registered in his mind. Namjoon looked at him expectantly, not batting an eye. Hesitantly, Yoongi pulled at the ends of his shirt and brought if over his head, exposing his upper body to the cold room.

Hoseok was leaning against the wall casually, shirt already off as he waited patiently for what was about to happen. His face was devoid of expression, his posture relaxed. At that moment Yoongi couldn't help but feel slightly envious. How could Hoseok be so calm about this? From Yoongi's perspective, it looked like Hoseok was unfazed. Meanwhile, Yoongi was a complete mess, feeling out of place, and uncomfortable beyond measure.

"It's standard protocol to go over what will happen to you both," Namjoon said, adjusting his glasses briefly, "this will rid all sensation and emotions from your body. Think of it as a dream catcher, but instead of catching your dreams, it catches your emotions."

Two marks were placed on a person: one where the heart was located and one on the wrist— the latter connecting to the left ring figure.

"Before we start, who's left and who's right?" Seokjin asked.

"I'll do left," Hoseok interjected.

Namjoon nodded once. "Then Yoongi's doing it in the right. Are you ready?"

Yoongi nodded, wincing slightly as the cold ink touched his skin. Just like Namjoon had said, Yoongi felt himself numbing, the ink ridding him of his emotions. He stared blankly as Namjoon gently grabbed his wrist, bringing it forward to draw the final mark. Namjoon nodded in satisfaction, pleased with his work.

"And done," Namjoon said, grinning widely.

"You didn't mess it up this time," Seokjin stated, smiling. "Congrats!"

"Screw off Jin, that was one time," Namjoon grumbled. He walked to the back of the room and grabbed two daggers. "Now comes the last part."

Yoongi's eyes followed the dagger on Namjoon's hand, the glint of it shining brightly as it hit the light of the room. He watched as Namjoon grabbed his hand, slicing the palm of his hand without hesitation. Out of instinct, Yoongi winced, even though he couldn't feel the sting of the slice.

They were turned to face each other. Yoongi's gaze met Hoseok's dull, lifeless expression. No doubt that Yoongi was mirroring the same expression. Yoongi's eyes briefly looked down at his bleeding palm, watching the blood seep slowly out, thankful that he couldn't feel anything.

"I wonder how their finished marking is going to look like." Seokjin whispered excitedly." That's always the best part."

"I'll admit, looking at the different patterns made is really intriguing." Namjoon smiled at Seokjin. "Are you guys ready?"

"Ready as we'll ever be." Hoseok and Yoongi responded simultaneously, their voices dripping emotionless. At Seokjin's permission, Hoseok and Yoongi pressed their bleeding palms into each other's chests, touching each other's marks.

In an instant, the marks began to flash a brilliant gold and red, colors swirling together in perfect harmony, overlapping but never mixing together— remaining two separate colors. The marks, now activated, glowed softly, weaving from the first mark to the second, the swirls intertwining to create a complex yet beautiful pattern that began from the chest to the marks on the wrists.

It was beautiful.

With the mark activated, Yoongi's emotions hit him full force, rushing back to his body— taking Yoongi slightly aback. Hoseok seemed to have the same reaction, his eyes widening in surprise as his emotions raged through his body like a tsunami. There was a slight stinging where Namjoon had cut into Yoongi's palm, one that had Yoongi keeping his hand outstretched.

Once the mark finished drawing itself, the glow faded, leaving the mark transparent, the red and gold hues camouflaging with the skin, leaving only the outline of the marks on their skin.

"Here."

Namjoon handed Yoongi and Hoseok plastic cups, filled with a liquid Yoongi didn't recognize. He took it, eyebrow raising slightly in suspicions. Namjoon shook his head, pointing towards Yoongi's palm.

"It will heal your wound. Trust me."

Knowing he had no other choice, Yoongi drank it, keeping his eyes trained on his bleeding palm. A warm feeling bubbled in his stomach, before enveloping his body. Yoongi watched in amazement and terror as his wound began to close. Namjoon wiped the blood of Yoongi's palm, revealing porcelain, untouched skin.

"Min Yoongi. Jung Hoseok. You two have been successfully matched." Seokjin announced, clapping."Congratulations."

Hoseok turned towards Yoongi, offering him a small smile. Yoongi nodded once at the action, looking away right after.

"I guess we have." Yoongi replied quietly."I don't feel any different."

Namjoon and Seokjin shared amused glances at Yoongi's statement.

"You don't expect to fall head over heels at first sight with Hoseok, do you?" Namjoon asked. Yoongi shook his head. "In due time the mark will speed up the process, but no need to stress over unturned paths. For now, you two should learn about each other, which is what you will be doing after we...talk."

Before Yoongi could ask anything, Seokjin tossed them their shirts. "Yoongi. Hoseok. Put your shirts back on. We'll be transferring to a different location. Follow us."

They waited a few seconds for Hoseok and Yoongi to put their shirts on. The second they were on, Namjoon and Seokjin spun around at the same time and walked towards the exit. Hoseok and Yoongi quickly scrambled after them, bumping against each other as they got to the door.

"Sorry," Yoongi muttered, stepping aside. "You can go."

Hoseok nodded, strolling past Yoongi and heading towards Namjoon. Yoongi followed, looking around as he was doing so. Government employees roamed around wildly, running from place to place as more and more candidates got matched. The President could be heard from the speaker, announcing every name and match made.

After walking through the endless maze of halls, Yoongi and Hoseok arrived at the destination. Seokjin and Namjoon stopped, their once friendly expressions turning serious. Seokjin's jaw clenched, staring pointedly at Yoongi and Hoseok.

"No information leaves this room. Whatever is said in this room, remains in this room. Do you understand?"

Hoseok and Yoongi nodded simultaneously, Yoongi feeling a bit taken aback by Seokjin's cold, warning tone. At their nods, Seokjin opened the door, revealing a simple room, with a desk and chairs. The walls were covered by holographic posters all talking about the same topic. Yoongi gulped at the posters, connecting the dots. His eyes flitted to Hoseok's briefly, gauging his reaction. As if sensing his stare, Hoseok gave a subtle nod.

They both had arrived at the same conclusion.

Seokjin closed the door and locked it. Namjoon sat down behind the desk, Seokjin following suit. He gestured towards the empty chairs.

"Please sit down."

Hesitantly, Hoseok and Yoongi walked towards them, adhering to Namjoon's demands. Yoongi forced himself to relax into the chair. Unable to help it, he snuck another look at Hoseok. Hoseok was staring straight ahead, face devoid of emotions, though his eyes sang a different tune.

"Now," Namjoon crossed his arms, Seokjin mirroring his movements. "Let's talk babies."