initium finis | 1.0.9

"About time."

Yoongi didn't know what he was expecting. No, he did. He was expecting Hoseok to freak out like Yoongi was freaked out. At the very least, he was expecting Hoseok to not believe a single word that Yoongi had just said. He was not expecting to see Hoseok's unsurprised, calm expression. At Yoongi's shocked face, Hoseok shook his head. 

"I thought they were going to kill us at dinner, but I guess they wanted us to at least stay the night." Hoseok shrugged, only further confusing Yoongi.

"Why are you not surprised?" Yoongi sputtered.

Hoseok shrugged."Please. Did you really think they'd let us continue our lives?"

"W-well why would they kill us?"

"Why would they not?" Hoseok responded, raising an eyebrow. Yoongi opened his mouth to respond but Hoseok cut him off."Don't tell me you actually thought that the government was going to let us live."

Yoongi pursed his lips and looked down, his face beginning to feel heated. He scoffed at Yoongi's response, shaking his head. Yoongi could feel the disbelief in Hoseok's expression, his judgmental stare boring daggers into him.

"You really thought that they would let us live?" Hoseok asked. Yoongi said nothing, giving Hoseok the answer he was looking for. "Yoongi, how naive can you be?"

"Well, I apologize that I don't believe our government to kill its own citizens!" Yoongi snapped, his defenses at an all-time high."Especially law-abiding citizens."

'Well guess what Min Yoongi?" Hoseok's eyes narrowed, his voice developing a dangerous tone."Consider this your first lesson in the real world. There is nothing good in this world. If we don't get out of here, we will die."

We will die.

Panic set in as those words began repeating in Yoongi's head. Yoongi's heart started to accelerate once more, his hands starting to shake, and he started to take quick and uneven breaths.

"Oh for the love of—" Hoseok huffed, putting his hands on Yoongi's shoulders tightly. He jerked Yoongi towards him, forcing Yoongi to look up at him."Calm down."

"I don't want to die. I don't want to die! My parents t-they need me! I can't--"

"We're not going to die. I'm not letting you die," Hoseok replied., trying his best to reassure Yoongi"We're going to survive. Trust me."

"Trust you?!" Yoongi's voice rose in pitch."We have only met for a day and I'm already facing potential death because of you! Why should I trust you?"

"Yoongi, if you even want a chance to survive these next few hours, then I suggest you figure out how to trust me. You don't have a choice in the matter."

"You can't just expect me to trust you when I hardly even know you," Yoongi mumbled.

"Yoongi, take deep breaths with me okay?" Hoseok said gently. Nodding, Yoongi began mirroring Hoseok's actions, feeling his nerves calm down."That's it."

After he saw that Yoongi had calmed down a bit, Hoseok let Yoongi go. He stared at Yoongi, remaining quiet for a few moments.

"How can I trust you?" Yoongi asked him warily. It's not that he didn't want to, but it wasn't like he was going to forget the phone call Hoseok had made anytime soon. Of course, Hoseok didn't know that Yoongi did, only suspicions.

"I know what I'm doing Yoongi," Hoseok stated calmly."This isn't the first time my life has been endangered. Trust me, you're safe with me."

He offered Yoongi a small, sympathetic smile before standing up. He sighed, checking his phone. "We should try to get some sleep."