part one: initium finis

Enemies of the Republic have no place in the Republic.

🌟

How does a perfect system designed for procreation, match two people unable to procreate without the help of science? It's unnatural. We're anomalies and they'll stop at nothing to make sure we are never heard of again. 

🌟

The system that was once used for good has been tainted with greed, greed so strong that it consumes every fiber of their being. Don't you get it? This Perfect Match system isn't a system meant to procreate anymore. It's a system used to control the citizens.

🌟

People here fall into two categories. The Runaways and the Ghosts. The Runaways are those who escaped the government's clutches, escaping their fates with only one goal in mind: survival. Every single Runaway is a traitor. The Ghosts, they're different. They're born here— whether naturally or through technology. You won't find any records of them in any government system, not a single one except this one. In the government's eyes, they don't exist.

🌟

In the interest of both parties, it is better to let go of what you had. Your feelings for him will disappear. You'll look at him and feel nothing. It's only a matter of time, and once that happens, only one of you will be hurt.

🌟

The only thing I could think about was having his lips on mine, a sin that I was prepared to commit for all eternity.

part one: initium finis [initiation to the end]