initium finis | 1.2.7

"Why are you still with Jimin?"

Namjoon's question caught Hoseok completely off-guard. The most he could do was gape at Namjoon, unable to make sentences come out of his mouth. At Hoseok's reaction, Namjoon shook his head, disappointment etched into his face.

"I would be a fool not to notice your hesitancy." Namjoon reprimanded."Your hesitation when it comes to doing what you're told with Yoongi. It's because of Jimin."

Hoseok said nothing. He couldn't say anything. Namjoon was right. He knew it. Hoseok knew it too.

"You have to stop whatever you have with Jimin." Namjoon said."Your objective right now is to fully and completely devote yourself to Hoseok and lead the change that we've been aiming towards. You cannot let Jimin get in that way."

"Jimin is my boyfriend." Hoseok snapped, unable to bite back the annoyance in his tone."We've been together for years. I shouldn't have to abandon my ties with someone just because of—"

"Hoseok." Namjoon held his hand up."Let me stop you right there. Why do you think that the government discourages any relationship that is not their perfect match?"

Hoseok glared at him, feeling his eyes watering in frustration.

"Because that person is not made for you." Namjoon answered."In the interest of both parties, it is better to let go of what you had. Your feelings for him will disappear. You'll look at him and feel nothing. It's only a matter of time, and once that happens, only one of you will be hurt."

"That's not going to happen. I love Jimin. I don't love Yoongi, I wo—"

"You'll stop loving him. Park Jimin is not your perfect match. He is not your soulmate. You will fall out of love with him." Namjoon said sternly."That's how my ancestors programmed the perfect match system. You're meant to love them and no one else."

"No. You're lying." he shook his head."It won't happen to us. I don't want Yoongi."

"Keep telling yourself that." Namjoon mused."It's apparent the impact he's had on you. Maybe these weeks without him will teach you that."

"Weeks?" Yoongi questioned. Namjoon nodded.

"Alpha A training is the hardest of them all. It is meant to break the Alpha physically, psychologically, and emotionally. Of course, we did not disclose that information to Yoongi, lest he not agree to do it."

"You told him it would last about a week." Hoseok almost yelled."You told him that he would experience pain and that he would chance, but he was only going to be in it for a week. A week. Not a few weeks."

"We lied. It's not like he'll feel the time passing by." Namjoon paused."Why the sudden anger? His training does not concern you."

"You're going to break him with that training. Did you have to subject him to that training? Won't he feel the pain? Won't he feel hurt?"

"Yes. If he can't feel pain, the training is meaningless. It's supposed to break him and help ease him into the mindset of an Alpha A. You've seen how he's been leading up to the training. The qualities of an Alpha A are there, but they're dormant because of the way he was raised. We don't need a kind, compassionate Min Yoongi, one that wouldn't be able to hurt a fly. We don't need a shy, timid Min Yoongi either. We need a Min Yoongi that's fearless, cunning, ruthless. A leader. Sure an Alpha A can be kind and empathetic but in the end, the Yoongi that exists currently we don't want."

Hoseok stared at him dumbfounded. He was at a loss of words. He looked back at Yoongi who was tied down to the chair. Yoongi's expression was serene, with a hint of a smile in his lips. It had only been a few minutes, but who knew what he was going through already?