initium finis | 1.0.4

"W-what?"

Yoongi couldn't mask his surprise. Sure, he had suspected as soon as they had entered the room that this is what Namjoon and Seokjin wanted to talk about, but that didn't mean he wasn't shocked, nonetheless. Disbelief washed over both of the boys' faces while Namjoon's and Seokjin's faces remained calm, almost as if this was a conversation they had with everyone.

"Let me ask you this. Do you want children in the future?"

At the mention of children, Yoongi noticed his mark beginning to glow softly. He looked over at Hoseok who was shifting uncomfortably in his seat, eyes staring down at his mark, which was also glowing. Yoongi studied Hoseok's uncomfortable expression, noticing Hoseok's cheeks puffier as his lips turned downwards. Hoseok twiddled with his fingers, expression pensive.

As if feeling his gaze, Hoseok's head snapped up, their eyes locking. Yoongi immediately the storm brewing in Hoseok's eyes, the constant swirling of emotions clouding them— too many for Yoongi to be able to decipher. Hoseok raised his eyebrow.

"Do you want kids?"

"M-me?"

A flicker of amusement appeared in Hoseok's face, his lips twitching upwards before returning to its frown. He studied Yoongi's squirming expression, before turning his attention towards Namjoon and Seokjin.

"If we did want kinds, how would that work?"

"I'm glad you asked," Namjoon grinned. "There are cases in where, for whatever reason a female is unfertile, thus being unable to reproduce and make offspring. The Perfect Match system does not take that into account when making matches, so when that happens, we have to be prepared.

"You two are in a similar situation since you both can't produce children the natural way. There is a way though, if you guys choose to of course, for you to have as many kids as you wanted."

Without realizing it, Yoongi leaned in closer, his curiosity spiking at Namjoon's answer. Hoseok had also leaned in closer, his frowning face lighting up with curiosity.

"How do you guys know when a match can't have kids?" Yoongi asked.

"After the marks are placed on them, both are taken for testing," Namjoon explained. "In your case, well, neither of you have female reproductive organs."

"Science is a wonderful thing," Seokjin sighed, smiling softly. "Because of it, anybody can have kids. Your DNA is already registered in our systems. All we would have to do is turn the DNA into whichever DNA into an egg and sperm."

"But wouldn't the baby need to be carried in order to you know, survive?" Hoseok questioned. Seokjin shook his head.

"The baby would grow on its own, with our help of course," Seokjin responded. "If you wish you could speed the process, if not it would normally it would take the same time a regular pregnancy would take, but you two would have the advantage of being able to choose the gender of the child, if you want twins, triplets, and all the other possibilities that are random in regular pregnancies."

Yoongi's eyes widened a fraction at Seokjin's words. The ability to choose what type of baby he wanted, its gender, the amount you wanted at once. It was almost too impossible to believe. It sounded like a fantasy, something that couldn't be true, even with the vast advancement technology had gone through.

"Would we be able to see the baby growing then?" Yoongi asked, unable to keep the curiosity out of his voice. "You know, as the months pass by?"

Namjoon nodded.

"With technology on our side, you'll be able to see every stage of your baby. If you want, you can also speed up the baby's process. Normally it takes nine months, but if you wanted it could take as little as five months."

"Imagine yourselves, five months from now, with a child of your own." Seokjin smiled. "One that looks like the both of you."

Almost instantly an image of children conjured in Yoongi's head. The children, smiling widely, were playing around with each other, raven and brown hair falling just below their eyebrows. Yoongi could have sworn one of them had Hoseok's heart shaped lips, the other child smiling just like Yoongi did. He began to smile, completely awestruck at how real the image looked. A strange feeling began to bubble in his chest the longer he stared at the image,

"They must be envisioning it in their heads," Namjoon whispered, loud enough to snap Yoongi out of his thoughts.

"What was that?" Hoseok asked, face seemingly flushed.

"The mark is just doing its job," Namjoon responded. "How else are couples supposed to willingly procreate if they don't have the desire to?"

"This technology," Yoongi began, trying to assemble his scrambling mind. "If you guys knew you could do this, why didn't you fix the population problem that way?"

Seokjin's smile faded a bit." This method wasn't engineered until two decades ago."

"But if it wasn't engineered until two decades ago, then how did all the other infertile matches have children? Surely there must have been at least one or two matches that couldn't have kids."

The half smile Yoongi had left on Seokjin's lips faded completely. His eyes narrowed, lips pursing as he glared at Yoongi, jaw clenched in warning.

"Choose your next words wisely Mister Min."

The room settled into an uncomfortable silence as Seokjin continued to stare at Yoongi with the same heated glare, daring Yoongi to say something. Yoongi looked down, not liking the feeling of his intense gaze, hoping that would show Seokjin that he wasn't going to do anything.

Hoseok cleared his throat. "Yeah, I think we'd be interested in having kids. Well, maybe not right now, but definitely in the future. Right, Yoongi?"

Even Hoseok's lighthearted tone held warning to it. Yoongi took the hint fully, merely nodding to back Hoseok's statement, knowing that if he opened his mouth he would only cause more trouble.

"Great! A regular match takes about two to four weeks to be expecting a child, so we'll ask you then." Namjoon said lightly. "Who wants to be the mother?"

"All Namjoon means is whose DNA is going to be used as an egg?" Seokjin said, tearing his gaze away from Yoongi to level his gaze with both of them.

Hoseok turned to Yoongi. "I'm not being the mother."

"What makes you think I want to be the mother?" Yoongi shot back, raising his eyebrows. He shrugged, his expression unchanging.

"I want to be the father." He stated, crossing his arms almost childlike. His tone sounded final, his stare leaving no room for argument. Yoongi sighed.

"I guess I'll be the mother," I muttered, casting a dirty look at Hoseok. He nodded, pleased at Yoongi's answer.

"It's settled then. Unless you want to have a kid now."

Yoongi shook his head quickly. He couldn't tell whether Hoseok was joking or if he was being serious but saying no would show his stance on the matter. There was no way he was planning on having a kid with Hoseok anytime soon. They hardly knew each other, why would Yoongi want to take on a role like that? It didn't make sense in the slightest.

Seokjin clapped almost excitedly. "It's settled then! Now that we have that business out of the way, we have to take you into a separate room. You both have to wait for President Jeon to finish the ceremony."

"What?"

"You'll be staying with him for now, remember?" Namjoon replied, head cocking slightly to the side. "It's not safe for you two to be left alone. Who knows what organizations could get a hold of you if left unsupervised."

Seokjin and Namjoon stood up.

"Remember, nothing discussed here can be talked about, unless you two are alone, with us, or with President Jeon," Seokjin stated, looking pointedly at Yoongi. Yoongi nodded quickly, his gaze looking at his fingers.

"Come on you two," Namjoon walked ahead, opening the door. "Let's get you to your temporary place."

Knowing they had no choice, Hoseok and Yoongi trailed after them, the formers taking them to their next destination.