epilogue

Seven Years Later

"Mommy!"

The little girl ran, her short legs jumping excitedly, her brown hair split into a pair of set ponytails. It had been her second day of preschool and she already hated it. Of course, she was glad to see her Mommy, who looked at her fondly, before kneeling in front of her and wrapping her in a tight hug.

"Maeve, how was school?" Yoongi kissed her forehead affectionately. Maeve's face immediately soured and she hid her face in Yoongi's chest. Yoongi chuckled at the action, taking the opportunity to pick her up.

"I don't like it!" she whined, now burying her face in Yoongi's shoulder."Why do I have to go? Mommy, I don't like it."

"But preschool's so much fun!" Yoongi insisted."You liked it yesterday. Why not today?"

"They were mean to me." she sniffed."Made fun of you, Mommy. Mommy and Daddy."

Yoongi sighed."Sweetie, it's natural for them to be mean. They're just jealous because they're not as cool as you are."

Yoongi opened the car door with his free hand, before gently putting Maeve in her car seat, buckling her safely before getting in on the opposite side.

"Let's go home." Yoongi nodded at the driver, who quickly pulled away from the parking lot. Maeve, upon seeing Yoongi's hand, placed hers on top of it, her heart-shaped lips smiling at Yoongi brightly, the sight making Yoongi's heart flip.

"Mommy, I wuv you!" she giggled."You and Daddy!"

Yoongi couldn't help but smile at the statement, placing a kiss on her cheek."Mommy loves you too." He paused."You love me more though right?"

Maeve nodded enthusiastically."Mommy always gets me rice cakes! And ice cream! And gummy bears! And my favowite foods!" she paused momentarily."Are we buying cake?"

"Cake?" he questioned.

"For Uncle's birthday!" she squealed excitedly."He's turning ten!"

Yoongi chuckled."He's not turning ten Maeve, he's turning twenty-four."

Maeve's eyes widened."Oh no! He's turning so old! How old are you Mommy?" Yoongi held up five fingers. She began counting them before she gasped."You're five!"

"Looks like someone has been practicing her numbers!" Yoongi exclaimed. Maeve's face brightened, releasing her grip on Yoongi's hand to clap her hands excitedly. 

A lot had changed in seven years. Jungkook had returned to the mansion, along with a now recovered Jimin, Yoongi, Hoseok, and the twins, making a live press conference,  explaining in full detail what had happened. After he had explained the situation and exposed the truth, he revealed that even though he wasn't of age, he had found his Perfect Match, and introduced Jimin to the country. Everyone was stunned by the development, taking countless pictures of them. They complimented Jungkook on his match, fawning over Jimin's beauty, many admitting to jealousy in social media platforms.

"One final thing," Jungkook spoke, hushing the crowd."We will be sending out surveys to every household, with the expectation of being answered. Depending on the answers we get, it will determine if the Perfect Match system will continue or will permanently disband."