venit omittere | 2.2.2

Hoseok almost yelled in pain as he clutched his abdomen, the pain now becoming unbearable. He sank to his knees, his eyes blurring at the impact of the pain. This was the second time he'd felt pain. The first time on his right shoulder. This wasn't a coincidence.

"Hoseok, are you okay?" Jungkook asked, placing Twin A in his crib. Hoseok nodded, breathing in quickly, before doubling in pain once more.

"I'm fine." he managed to stutter out. And he was, after a few moments. That was the thing with Perfect Match marks. You could feel each other's pain but only when it first occurred, to alert you of any danger. It would resonate for a few minutes before subsiding. He put his bracelet up to his mouth, pulling up the mission Yoongi was on, his heart plummeting at the sight.

Panic set through Hoseok as he looked at the red letters.

Mission Failed.

Mission Failed.

Yoongi was part of the mission. Hoseok swallowed the nerves he had, hands shaking as he pressed for more information. Jungkook stood next to him, his own expression one of worry.

Mission: Retrieve Kim Seokjin

Level: R

Success Rate: 26%

Members (from Alpha C to A, in ascending order):

Park Jimin, Alpha C

Momo Hirai, Alpha C

Yoo Jeongyeon, Alpha B

Kim Namjoon, Alpha A

Jeon "Ruby" Aaliyah, Alpha A

Min Yoongi, Alpha A

Backup requested? Yes

Status: Retrieval of Kim Seokjin was successful. Backup requested by Jeon Aaliyah. Min Yoongi initially wounded in his right shoulder attempting to save Kim Namjoon and Kim Seokjin. Despite efforts, he went back to the fight, adrenaline causing him to lose more blood. Park Jimin suffered minor injuries. Min Yoongi fatally injured by Kim Taehyung. Jeon Aaliyah was taken by Kim Taehyung.

Reported at base ten seconds ago.

"No." Hoseok breathed."No."

"Hoseok?"

"Yoongi was in that mission." He managed to whisper. Hoseok's breath caught in his throat, terror clawing his insides, breathing becoming erratic, his eyes beginning to water."The mission failed. Damn it."

He stood up, running out of the room. Jungkook followed behind him, his own eyes watering at the few sentences he had been able to read.

They rushed to the medical wing, where there were already lines of surgeons and nurses waiting for someone. Hoseok's heart dropped as a stretcher came into view. He edged closer, Jungkook following closely behind.

"Yoongi, you have to keep breathing for me okay?" Hoseok could hear Jimin plead Yoongi. Yoongi made no response, his eyes cast upwards holding a vacant look. From afar he could see how pale Yoongi was, his lips without any color, his fingers still circled around the blade."Come on Yoongi, don't fall asleep."

"Jimin!" Jungkook yelled, causing Jimin to look up. Jimin ran towards him, grasping the younger tightly. He already had tears trailing down his face, ones he attempted to wipe away.

"I'm so sorry Hoseok." Jimin's voice shook."He wouldn't listen."

Hoseok looked at his Yoongi, resisting the urge to approach him fully. The surgeons were already wheeling him into the operating room. The only thing offering him solace was knowing he hadn't lost his emotions yet. He could still feel— something that was both a blessing and a curse.

"What exactly happened?"

Jimin sniffed. "Yoongi realized that Namjoon was going to get shot, so he pushed Namjoon who was taking Jin, out of the way. The bullet hit Yoongi's right shoulder. It didn't help that he was constantly on the move. That only caused his blood to run out faster. He came back to help us, giving himself painkillers. Ruby fought who she thought was Taehyung and killed him. She let her guard down and failed to realize that Taehyung was behind Yoongi. That's when he stabbed Yoongi."

"Is he going to be okay?" Hoseok asked, not wanting to know the answer.

"Namjoon says Yoongi has less than ten percent chance of survival." Jimin said quietly."He's going to do what he can to increase the survival rate, but the fact is, Yoongi lost too much blood and it doesn't help that he got stabbed after losing lots of it."

"Blood transfusions are still a thing." Hoseok said."He can still have those right?"

"Hoseok, you didn't see how terrifyingly pale Yoongi was." Jimin gritted his teeth."He looked white than snow. His breath was shallow and uneven. He probably would be completely dead if it wasn't for the fact that he kept the blade embedded in him. If that blade would have been taken out, he would have died on the scene."

Hoseok staggered back at the weight of the words, grateful that the wall was directly behind him."He isn't dead. No. I would feel it." His jaw clenched."I am going to make that bastard pay."

"We haven't heard anything from him. I don't know what he's planning on doing." Jimin said."He has Aaliyah but at what cost?"

Jungkook froze at the words."Taehyung has Aaliyah? Aaliyah didn't make it out?"

Jimin's eyes widened."Right. Oh, Jungkook I'm sorry, I really am."

"He took her?" Jungkook's voice broke."I just got her back and she got taken just like that?"

"I'm sorry baby." Jimin embraced Jungkook tighter, letting the younger who hadn't overcome his shock grab him as tight as he needed.

Hoseok sank into one of the chairs of the medical wing, staring anxiously at the operating room. He felt numb, unable to do anything. Yoongi wasn't like him. He didn't have enhancements as Hoseok did. His human body was a regular one, one that could only tolerate so much pain at once, and if what Jimin said was true, Yoongi's stubbornness may have caused him a lot more danger than he would have had initially. 

It felt like his whole world was crumbling to pieces around him. Why did it always have to be him? Him having to be the one to suffer his Perfect Match's loss. Him, always waiting for his Perfect Match to come back to him. Him, wanting so desperately to take his Perfect Match's place.

"You worry too much." 

He remembered Yoongi telling him that hours ago, his expression carefree. Like he had the whole world at the tip of his shoulders. Hoseok scoffed at the thought, eyes still trained on the operation room. Jungkook sat down next to him, Jimin following suit as he was attempting to comfort his match. He could hear yelling from the operation room, the sound immediately forcing him to jump up. Hoseok edged closer to the room, heart plummeting as he heard,

"We're losing him!"

Hoseok's eyes blurred and he stumbled, feeling his mark burn his chest. He clutched his chest, heavily breathing, his eyes unable to focus. His body felt like it was on fire. He could hear Jimin's worried voice, but it sounded too far away from him.

The last thing Hoseok remembered was falling to the floor, immediately blacking out.

a/n: casual reminder. if you go outside for any reason please wear a mask <3 covid's real and you do not have the luxury to risk other people's health just because your immune system is strong. it is your responsibility and human decency for you to social distance and wear masks.

so. wear. a. fucking. mask. and. stay. six. feet. apart. from. people.

thank you.