intium finis | 1.1.2

The place Hoseok called his room was not what Yoongi was expecting.

With his somewhat striking personality, Yoongi expected Hoseok's room to be more...colorful and pleasant. 

Instead, Yoongi was met with different shades of gray and black. His room was neatly organized but lacked strongly of any color— something Yoongi disliked. It was a simple room, dressers and drawers to one side, his overly sized bed on the opposite side of it.

"It's a bit too..." Yoongi frowned, gazing around the room, "colorless."

"Colorless?" He laughed."Yeah, you're a pretty colorful guy aren't you?" 

Yoongi shrugged, fully stepping inside the room. The door closed softly behind them and Yoongi walked towards the middle of the dull, colorless room. 

"One thing you'll get used to here is that there are no colorful rooms," Hoseok said, walking past him. Yoongi watched as Hoseok rummaged through his closet."In fact, most of the place isn't colorful. It's not supposed to."

"Why?"

Hoseok pulled out a black shirt and some grey joggers from his closet and tossed them to Yoongi. "Color distracts from our goals. We made the choice to not have color in this place so that when we do reach our goals, color will be one of the gifts we will receive."

"Goals?"

Hoseok nodded, grabbing more clothes from his closet."We're what you would call people who want change. The government has a very negative word for us though. Maybe you've heard it before." He paused, looking at Hoseok once more."You can change now. I'll have my back turned if you're too comfortable."

Yoongi cleared his throat."Ah, thanks. I appreciate that."

Yoongi quickly took off his hospital attire and changed to what Hoseok gave him. Oddly enough, it fits him perfectly. He frowned. Seeing as though Hoseok was a bit taller than him, his clothes should have fit Yoongi looser.

What if-

Yoongi quickly shook the thought out of his head.

"How does everything work here?" Yoongi asked, sitting down on Hoseok's rather comfortable bed.

"Everyone here is subjected to the same treatment. Despite us having specific classes, we are all required to know the basics for every class." Hoseok paused lightly as he looked at Yoongi's confused expression. He smiled softly. "You'll be tested for it soon, so don't worry."

"Me?" Yoongi asked, surprise lacing his voice. Hoseok turned to him, an amused look in his expression.

"This is your new home now Yoongi." He replied."Of course, you're going to be subjected to the same test as everyone else. Then you'll be ranked."

Yoongi nodded, not knowing what to make out of the situation."And when would I tested for it?"

"Maybe a few days to a week from now?" Hoseok replied, head tilting to the side."You have to get used to this place first. Know your way around. I'll give you a personal tour later."

Hoseok grinned, leaving Yoongi momentarily awestruck. Yoongi noticed how his smile contrasted with the essence of his room. The room wasn't like him, at all. The colorless room suddenly meant nothing to Yoongi the longer he looked at Hoseok's brilliance.

He had managed to light up a colorless room with one smile.

Wow.

"What's your rank?" Yoongi asked curiously.

"I'm the second in command. The Beta is how I would be called." He said, his expression turning serious. "Started off as the lowest and worked my way up to Beta."