initium finis | 1.1.8

There was a quality in Namjoon, so strong that it made it nearly impossible to look away as he talked to the rest of the Alphas.

The Alphas, looking eager at him, drinking in Namjoon's every word as if he was preaching the Gospel. Even Jimin, despite the antipathy he seemed to give off when acknowledging others in the room, was looking attentively at Namjoon. It was as if Namjoon was a beacon for them, a beacon of light that could (and probably would) lead them to their innermost desires.

"Seokjin, my partner, is working relentlessly to figure out why the Perfect Match system even matched Min Yoongi and Jung Hoseok together.  He's desperately trying to fix the one imperfection that could change our whole society as we know it."

Namjoon paused for measure, before turning towards Yoongi.

"Min Yoongi," he stated, "I assume you have been made aware of your current situation."

There was something oddly inflicting about his tone. Despite the authoritative tone he used, there was something hidden underneath the voice, feelings Yoongi could not decipher.

"I have."

Namjoon nodded, pleased. "Good. Then you are aware as well, that you and Jung Hoseok are going to be making your required debut."

"I'm sorry, what?"

"In the eyes of Korea, you are dead. What better way to produce distrust than by bringing back the people the government declared dead?"

Namjoon looked at Yoongi expectantly, waiting for his reaction. Not knowing what else to do Yoongi nodded at the reasoning he provided. It was a feasible reason, but his instincts told him that something far more was being planned.

Yoongi asked, "That's not all, is it?"

Namjoon shook his head. "Of course not. A revolution is never as easy as one, two, three."

Yoongi grimaced at his response.

Of course.

"Excuse me, but what would they have to do?" Jimin piped in, eyebrows furrowed. Yoongi resisted the sudden urge to scoff. Of course, Jimin would want to know all matters concerned with his boyfriend. 

Namjoon cleared his throat. "Well, the main reason stated for them dying was because the match wasn't compatible, that the mark rejected them."

"So we're going to have to show that isn't the case," Yoongi finished, jaw clenching slightly. Namjoon nodded."Shouldn't Hoseok be allowed in here to hear this?"

"Hoseok is not an Alpha. Therefore, he has no option or voice in what happens in this meeting," Namjoon replied, "Until he becomes said status, he will just be expected to follow what Alphas tell him. Of course, he'll be filled in, but he will not have a right to disagree."

"That doesn't seem fair," Yoongi countered, raising his eyebrow. "If it directly affects him, shouldn't be better allowed to hear and have the option to agree or to disagree? I don't see how status has anything to do with this."

It wasn't fair. Even if they were in places higher than Hoseok, this was something directly influencing him. It didn't make sense to Yoongi that Hoseok couldn't have a say in anything.

"As long as the Alphas agree, then there is no objection that should be made by Hoseok. All he has to do is follow the orders. That's how it works here."

Namjoon raised his eyebrows, staring at Yoongi for a few moments before turning back to the rest of the Alphas.

"When will we start with everything?" an Alpha asked from the back.

"As soon as possible. Min Yoongi will undergo intense training so that he can be fully prepared," Namjoon replied. "If he masters fast, he can be out faster."

"What does this training consist of?"  Yoongi asked, confused and a bit alarmed. Nobody had mentioned anything of intensive training for him. Sure, Jimin had said everyone went through some sort of training, but to Yoongi, it sounded like he was being singled out. "Nonstop? No food, drink, resting, nothing?"

"This is training all Alphas go through once placed. I assure you, you will not feel any hunger, thirsty, or feel tired. As long as you're under the training simulation, you will have an endless amount of energy. If you get hurt, which you will, your body will have a fast healing recovery."

"So next week, I'll be doing this." Yoongi deadpanned. Namjoon nodded.

"Yes. You will train physically, mentally, and psychologically. Although, we won't give you the typical training. Since you're an Alpha A, you will go through selective training, one that I and Ruby have both done."

"I have so many questions," Yoongi murmured, his fingers running through his hair again. Ruby cracked a small smile. Namjoon, however, made no remarks to Yoongi's statement (if he even heard it) and resumed talking to the rest of the Alphas.

🌟

"Meeting dismissed."

The Alphas eagerly got up from their seats and began talking to themselves. Yoongi stood up from his seat and walked before a hand grabbed him.

"Stay," Namjoon stated, "Hoseok will be here shortly."

Yoongi nodded, watching all the other Alphas leave. Part of him wished he could leave with the rest of the Alphas, not wanting to engage in extended conversation surrounding Hoseok and him.

"How did your first meeting feel?" Namjoon smiled warmly. Yoongi shrugged.

"Not bad. It's just going to be something I have to get used to," he replied, stuffing his hands into his pockets. "There's just so much stuff I need to learn."

Namjoon nodded in understanding. "This must come as a surprise to you. Seeing me here I mean. Since I work for the government and help with the administration of Perfect Match."

"It was a surprise seeing you here," Yoongi admitted."Aren't you also at fault for Hoseok and I being presumed dead?"

"Taehyung and Seokjin know I'm not cut out for the darker side of the government, so whenever they orchestrate these things, they leave me out of it. I am only made aware once I see a broadcast or the President tells me the news himself."

"Is he part of the whole dark side of the government too?"

Namjoon shook his head quickly. "Oh goodness no. The boy's too little and too innocent to be introduced to that yet. He's just a kid. Anything Taehyung tells him, he believes them."

Before Yoongi could respond, the door opened. A small smile made its way onto his face as Hoseok entered. He looked at Yoongi, grinning widely, hair tousled and wet. Sweat dampened his shirt, outlining his chest and—

"Hoseok. Glad you could make it." Namjoon smiled, snapping Yoongi out of his drifting thoughts.

"You did stop my training but whatever." Hoseok teased lightly, standing next to Yoongi."How was Yoongi's first meeting?"

"Very talkative. Very questioning."

Hoseok raised his eyebrow at the statement. "Yoongi talked a lot?"

"Of course. More than the others actually."

"Huh," Hoseok said, before grinning widely. He slapped Yoongi lightly on the shoulder."That's my boy!"

Yoongi rolled his eyes, ignoring Hoseok's remark. "Let's talk."

Namjoon nodded, motioning for the seats.

"Yes. Let's talk."

a/n: i used a lot of dialogue in my writing back in the day, geez. it be tough out here sometimes, ya'll.