intium finis | 1.2.9

DAY ONE

Hoseok spent the night at Jimin's room. He couldn't stay in his room. After Yoongi and he's first date, Hoseok had been too tired to stay up. But yesterday, he couldn't sleep by himself. Hoseok  had gotten too used to sleeping next to Yoongi. Even if they hadn't slept in the same bed for long, Hoseok had enjoyed the feeling he gave when they slept together. So Hoseok went to Jimin. Jimin, of course, took Hoseok in with open arms. He made sure to remain clothed though. Hoseok's mark was feeble but it didn't mean that he could make myself comfortable.

Hoseok rubbed his eyes, sitting at the edge of the bed. He hadn't slept as well as he had hoped to. Jimin only provided him with some comfort. Hoseok's mind couldn't stop thinking about Yoongi. What part of the training was he in now? What were they doing to him? Most importantly, how would he come back?

Jimin could sense Hoseok's tension. He draped his arms over Hoseok's chest, giving him a small kiss on the cheek before massaging his shoulders. From his peripheral vision, Hoseok could see how attentive Jimin was being, his face bearing a soft expression on his face, lips turned upwards into a gentle smile.

Hoseok's heart hurt at his expression. So loving, so caring. Without pain.

Afterward, they headed into the dining room together. As we walked in together, people turned to stare, their eyes never leaving them. Jimin paid no attention to it, his head resting comfortably next to Hoseok's arm while their hands intertwined together. Hoseok forced himself to look forward. No doubt they were wondering why Yoongi wasn't with him, and why Jimin looked so unbothered, especially when he had caused the outburst yesterday when he saw Yoongi and Hoseok.

The rest of the day was a blur. Jimin had his training he had to complete, Hoseok had his own tasks, one of them was yet another meeting with Namjoon. Namjoon however had gone back to Seoul to spread whatever fire was caused by the video of Yoongi and Hoseok.

"These are the commotions that have been caused due to Yoongi and your exchange." Namjoon pointed to the projector. Hoseok watched the screen, unable to form words.

It was chaos.

"Taehyung was extremely angered at the sights."  Namjoon stated."He has sent more people to search for you and Yoongi. It is imperative that you two do not go anywhere unless instructed to do so. I do not have the privilege to visit you. Taehyung's got eyes on me, watching my every move. I'll send you Taehyung's statement to the press tomorrow. I have one more thing to discuss with you."

Please let it not be Jimin. Anything but him.

"I talked to Seokjin." he grimaced."He wants to hurry the process along. And to do that he is insisting you—"

"Break up with Jimin I know!" Hoseok exclaimed irritated."It's not like this isn't something you haven't been telling me."

"Look, he's just asking you to put things on hold, or find a way that he doesn't interfere with the task at hand. That's all he's asking for. He doesn't care if after all this blows over you go back to Jimin. But he needs you in this now." Namjoon said sternly."The children will have an increased development rate. Jin wants this done as soon as possible."

"I'll think about it." Hoseok responded, giving him the look that he actually wasn't going to do it."Is that all?"

"Check on your fetal developments. It's best to ensure that everything is going the right way." Namjoon reminded Hoseok."Other than that, I'll contact you."

His hologram disappeared and with it the little peace Hoseok had in his life.

DAY TWO

Hoseok slept worse than yesterday. Jimin thought it might be because Hoseok resorted to wear heavier clothing to bed, but Hoseok knew that wasn't the case. He forced the bile that kept threatening to rise in his system down. He couldn't let Jimin see him like this. This wouldn't bode well for either of them.

Hoseok got up from Jimin's bed, smiling softly at his dormant state. He looked carefree, without a care in the world. Quietly, he locked himself in his bathroom, opening the contents of his bracelet for Namjoon's email.

As Namjoon stated, the video regarding Taehyung's statement towards the video was sent to him. Hoseok played it, staring at the holographic screen, paying attention to only when Taehyung was talking.

"We are aware that some photos and a video has been leaked into the internet. These photos and video contained the late Min Yoongi and Jung Hoseok, first male match in history of the Perfect Match. Those were taken the night of the matching ceremony, where Yoongi and Hoseok interacted with each, building that connection that was supposed to last them a lifetime." Taehyung looked down, pausing for impact. I rolled my eyes at the action, scoffing at the lie he was making up.

"However, after that night, they awoke not feeling well. I remember looking at Yoongi, whose complexion had turned as pale as the moon, his lips as purple as a violet, the cold temperature of his skin. I felt it. Hoseok was in a similar state, unmoving. Their marks shone strongly against their fabric, but it was a dark color—a dangerous color.

"Despite it all, they managed to get out of bed and follow us outside, where they, unfortunately, met their demise."  Taehyung's voice shook."I told them to not go out. They didn't listen. And it cost them their life."

"What a load of bullshit." Hoseok muttered, keeping his eyes trained on the video.

"Min Yoongi and Jung Hoseok are deceased. These photos and videos only serve to reiterate the danger of a same sex relationship. Our job is to procreate. They defied that and nature punished them for it. We are trying our hardest to figure out what caused their deaths. Respects have been paid to the families impacted by their sudden deaths. That's all I have to say on this matter. Thank you."

Next to him, Kim Seokjin stood silently. Hoseok bit the inside of his cheek at the sight of him, anger building up inside him from yesterday's talk with Namjoon.

Who does Seokjin think he is?

To think he could order Hoseok around and make decisions for him as if he were nothing but a little kid. Hosoek's life was not Jin's to twist and turn. It wasn't a mold that could be modified at will. His ancestors may have helped in the creation of him but Jin had no right to try to shape Hoseok to what he wanted.

Hoseok shut off the video and went to do his tasks for the day. Before leaving, Hoseok lingered in Jimin's room for a moment, contemplating what Namjoon had said.

He doesn't care if you go back to him after all this blows over. But he needs you now.

No.

Hoseok would not give him that satisfaction.

With newfound determination Hoseok walked out of Jimin's room, not bothering to wait for him like he did the day prior.

a/n: yes sir we have another update! this and next chapter will be divided like this. this is, of course, on purpose. i debated briefly whether i should leave it in first person because this sounds like hoseok's telling a story. kind of like a diary of sorts. but i'd rather have it in third. 

one more chapter left (which is long as hell if i remember correctly) before i spam like crazy, so be prepared for that.