alternate epilogue

Seokjin knew the boy was closer to the other side than to their world. The amount of damage he had taken because of the explosives had been too much for a regular human body. He didn't let that stop him though.

Taehyung had been relatively easy to fix. All he had suffered was a stab wound with a few minor burns, something that could easily be fixed. Within months, Taehyung had regained his senses. his ability to move. The mark that had tied him with Aaliyah had completely disappeared from his body, all thanks to Seokjin. He didn't have a conscience anymore, his emotions were completely gone, but Seokjin reassured him that as the years progressed he would slowly gain them back.

He was determined to make the impossible a reality. Even if it took him all eternity, or in this case, two years.

Seokjin looked in front of the mirror, feeling as his hands unconsciously ran through his mark which had taken on a melancholy blue— the color it took on years ago when he first left Namjoon for Taehyung. His piercing gold eyes stared back at him, empty, unfazed by the disturbance on his skin.

He sees his match on the news sometimes. He appears next to Yoongi, smiling at the crowd with that award-winning smile that could make anyone's heart stop, although the smile never quite reaches his eyes.

Even though others couldn't see it, Seokjin could. He could read Namjoon easily because Namjoon was his favorite book. The book he read so many times and never got tired of. Behind that smile, in Namjoon's eyes was pain and misery, the misery of being separated from his true love.

It almost pained Seokjin to be unable to feel the same way. Almost.

All he could do every time he saw him was look away. He could never look at his match for more than a few seconds at a time. The action only reminded him of everything he had lost.

His Namjoon had let him suffer. But it was okay. Taehyung had shown him the way, the right way to everything. How wrong Seokjin was to hop onboard Namjoon's crusade for change. He should have never invested his time and energy into something so worthless.

Sometimes Seokjin does crave for him. Sometimes he wants to feel his sweet caresses, those soft, plump lips on his. Sometimes he wants to feel every inch of Namjoon's skin on him, feel his cool breath breathing down on him as Namjoon looks at him with his galaxy filled eyes, mouth moving to say the phrase Seokjin sometimes wished he could tell him.

I love you.

But those words are foreign to Seokjin now. When he attempts to say them, his voice freezes. If he thinks it, his mind hurts. He can't imagine it. That feeling. Not anymore.

Not since his Namjoon left him.

"Are you ready?"

Seokjin turned towards Taehyung, the only other person he had seen every day for the past seven years.

Seokjin nodded stiffly before walking alongside him, leading him to where he was.

"If this works out," Taehyung began."You'll see your match in no time."

"I have no interest in seeing him." Seokjin replied, boredom lacing his voice, his green eyes staring pensively at Taehyung."I live to serve you. Namjoon betrayed us. He is nothing to me."

Taehyung hummed."I don't think I'll ever get used to your easy compliance. It's been years."

Where Seokjin should have felt anger, he felt nothing. This was a side effect of the Perfect Match, the mark only supplying him with negative emotions and at this point in time: nothing.

They entered the room silently, the only sound coming from the steady beeping of the machines.

"He looks better," Taehyung commented.

"Well, he's taken his enhancements pretty well," Seokjin adjusted my glasses before continuing."Seeing as he was already made artificially, it wasn't difficult to recreate all of the necessary organs and blood he needed. At this point, he should be as good as new."

"With a few alterations of course," Taehyung interjected. Seokjin nodded.

"Of course," Seokjin edged closer to him, his hand slowly touching his face."He doesn't remember anything. While his body couldn't be remade, mostly everything else was—including his brain. His nature is one that you can easily control, one he himself doesn't have any control over. You two are also connected to each other permanently."

You and his match.

"Perfect," Taehyung grinned."You really have outdone yourself Seokjin. And it only took you two years to do so."

Too tired to even argue Seokjin turned away from him, unhooking the needles and the machines. He carefully took the needles out of the body, letting the now removed wires dangle uselessly onto the floor.

"The only thing I wasn't able to erase was the Perfect Match mark he bears." Seokjin stated."I have tried hindering it. He'll have to be given suppressants daily. For both his memories and his match. His memories have been altered. He thinks that you and he escaped together with your child. Be prepared to act your part."

Taehyung nodded gravely."Don't worry, he's not going anywhere anytime soon. Got to make sure he's prepared."

"Of course." Seokjin murmured, gesturing towards him."He should wake up at your response."

Taehyung walked close to him, his hands pushing the boy's hair to the side. As much as it disgusted him to act like he loved this boy, he knew it had to be for the greater good.

For him to finally get his revenge.

"Wake up, Jung Hoseok."

Immediately, the boy's eyes fluttered open, his once brown eyes flashing a brilliant gold before receding to blue.

a/n: here's the original ending just for you guys, as mentioned in the author's note. yes, jungkook would not have been the one to kill taehyung in the og. it would have been hoseok, who would have stabbed him. jin would have initiated code red but would have managed to save tae and hobi from being killed.