initium finis | 1.2.3

After eating, Hoseok and Yoongi decided to go for a walk. There weren't any complaints from anyone in the decision. As soon as they were done they walked together out of the restaurant into the pathway Namjoon had conveniently set up for them. 

"I missed being outside," Yoongi sighed."It has been a while since I last went outside."

Hoseok nodded."Well, you going outside wasn't on the priority list yet. You'll be able to go out more."

"I hope so," Yoongi smiled wistfully."I love being outside."

"How come?"

"Well, my parents always used to take my siblings and me anywhere they could afford. With all the money that the government would give my parents, it was possible."

In a second Yoongi was wrapped in his memories. The world dissolved around Yoongi. All he could see were his parents and all his siblings laughing, hugging, loving. He felt a small pang of sadness in his heart at the memory.

"What was that like?"

Yoongi paused for a moment, eyebrows furrowing in thought.

"It was home," Yoongi finally said. Hoseok nodded once, his questions answered."How about you? How was your family like?"

"I didn't have a family," Hoseok responded lowly. Yoongi's eyebrow raised at his statement. Hoseok looked at Yoongi's expression before continuing, "I was raised at the facility. My whole life."

That only piqued Yoongi's curiosity. If Hoseok had been raised at the facility, then how did he even appear in the Perfect Match system? Jimin had mentioned that the people residing there were runaways or ghosts. He'd have to have been registered into the system at birth in a hospital. Unless his parents ran away from their lives to live new ones, but that didn't make sense. If they had Hoseok, then their lives would have lived up to the standards of the government.

"A penny for your thoughts?" Hoseok asked. "You look like you're thinking very hard."

"It's just, you were raised at the facility. But to be matched with me, you would have to be registered in the Perfect Match system which is only done when one is born. Then, Jimin had told me that only runaways and the ghosts live there—"

Hoseok cut me off. "You're very observant Min Yoongi."

He smiled at Yoongi, but his expression was one of warning. His voice sounded light and carefree, but there was an edge to his voice, an edge that threatened to shut Yoongi up. Yoongi shook his head at him.

"Sorry I'm probably being too nosy," Yoongi mumbled sheepishly. Hoseok's stance relaxed, eyes softening.

"It's not you, you know," he said. "A guy's got to keep his secrets right?"

"Right. Of course. Who are we if we do not have our secrets?" Yoongi responded humorlessly. Hoseok nodded, glancing away from Yoongi. Yoongi frowned, sensing the sudden awkwardness between them. Was this not something he wanted Yoongi to know about yet?

They walked the street-lit path in silence. Yoongi silently cursed at himself. If he hadn't been too nosy, the conversation would still be going on. There wouldn't be tension between. Everything would be normal. 

"Hey, Yoongi."

Yoongi's head snapped up. "Yes?"

"Why did you say yes?" Hoseok turned to Yoongi."You know, when Namjoon asked about having a child. Why'd you say yes?"

"Oh, that?" Yoongi asked."Well, shouldn't we be doing everything we can if we're planning to overthrow the government?"

"Two weeks ago you wouldn't have been on board with helping overthrow the government."