initium finis | 1.1.4

Jimin reluctantly walked Yoongi back to Hoseok's room, unhappiness and distaste made visible with every step he took. He opened the door to Hoseok's room, gesturing for Yoongi to come inside. To our surprise, Hoseok was still nowhere to be found which was weird as it had been hours since Jimin had taken me on the lovely tour.

"I guess I'll stay with you for the meantime." Jimin said, closing the door gently behind him. "If he's not here yet, it's because the Heads of the place are getting onto him again."

"No it's fine. You can leave if you need to. I'm sure you have other things you have to do." Yoongi smiled wanly at him. "I'll just lay here."

"Hoseok would whoop me if I left you alone." he replied, shaking his head. "That fool owes me."

"How come?"

"Well for one, you're wearing my clothes." he motioned towards Yoongi's clothes. "His clothes wouldn't have fit you that well. And two, he made his boyfriend give his match a tour around the place." 

Yoongi merely nodded at his statement, not knowing what to say. Jimin snorted at Yoongi's reaction, his demeanor changing into an unfriendly one. He watched as Yoongi walked towards Hoseok's bed, sitting at the edge of it.

"Why don't you talk?" he suddenly asked. "I've never met someone so...quiet."

Yoongi shrugged replying, "I'm not comfortable here."

"You'll have to get used to it then. You'll probably be here for the rest of your life." he responded coolly, sitting in one of the empty chairs. Yoongi couldn't help but arch an eyebrow at his statement. "Like I said before, people here are either escapees or don't exist. You don't exist anymore Min Yoongi. Not to Korea, not to your parents. No one."

"What makes you so sure?" Hoseok asked. Jimin rolled his eyes, bringing his bracelet and murmured words he couldn't hear into it. His bracelet illuminated green and a screen popped out, clearing to show three figures. 

"Play."

Jungkook was standing in the middle, in front of a podium. He had a solemn expression on his face. Besides him stood Kim Taehyung, an impassive expression on his face, and Kim Seokjin, a stern expression on his face. 

"Dear citizens of Korea," Jungkook began, "it is with a sad heart that I announce the deaths of Jung Hoseok and Min Yoongi."

Jungkook's eyes began to water, his lips turning upside down. Murmurs broke out of the audience, mass confusion began to take over the crowds. Jungkook raised an arm, and immediately the audience quieted.

"As you all know, Jung Hoseok and Min Yoongi were the first same sex match. Our scientists have been investigating extensively on the cause of their deaths and it was determined that because of the irregularity of the pairing, their bodies rejected the match," Jungkook paused. "They were unfit to survive as they defied the rules of nature to procreate."

Taehyung's expression changed slightly, lips turning upward, smugness radiating from his expression.

"We are still trying to find out exactly what triggered their deaths," Jungkook said,"which is why their bodies have not been returned to their parents yet. We will commit ourselves one hundred percent to meet the needs of Jung Hoseok and Min Yoongi's families, to provide some relief for them. May your souls live on, Min Yoongi and Jung Hoseok. That is all."

The screen cut off. 

Jimin looked at Yoongi expectantly. Disbelief washed over Yoongi, his mouth making an 'o' shape,  fists clenching the sheets tightly.

"You mean to tell me, my parents think I'm dead?" Yoongi's voice was low, foreign to him. Jimin nodded.

"Everyone you knew thinks you're dead Yoongi," Jimin said calmly, "all because the government is trying to scare the people. You were a liability, and now that you've disappeared, they can easily get away with it."

"Do you know how much this news has probably broken my parents?" Yoongi's voice shook and he clenched the sheets of the bed even tighter. "They thought it was just good enough to pretend that I'm dead?"

"That's how your beautiful government works," Jimin smiled brightly, "they get rid of anyone who is a threat to their perfect Republic, and once that gets taken care of, they lie."

"My parents," He whispered, "believe their youngest son is dead."

"Oh?" Jimin's eyebrow raised. "How many siblings do you have?"

"Seven. I'm the youngest of eight."

"Hm. I would have thought you would have more. Eight kids is the minimum to have." Jimin responded. Yoongi nodded at his statement. 

"Thank you." Yoongi responded, giving a small smile, "for showing me that I mean. It was very eye-opening." Jimin nodded, offering him a half-smile. "Glad to know that I am dead."

"Welcome to the club." Jimin grinned, laughing softly. He felt myself relax at Jimin's tone, a smile gracing Yoongi's lips.

Jimin wasn't that bad.

"I don't know if Hoseok told you this, but, you're going to love this place." Jimin said suddenly, "There's something about this place, a renewed hope for everyone. You'll like it here. I promise."

"How long have you lived here?" Yoongi asked.

"I've lived here since I was born, so around twenty one years give or take," Jimin shrugged. "I was never made known when my birthday was."

"Never made known?"

Jimin nodded, his hands clasping together. "Correct. I am assigned a date. That date corresponds to my birthday. The Ghosts are normally born at the same time so they just assign a date to us. That's when we get to celebrate our birthdays."

Before Yoongi could ask any further, the door opened, revealing a dark faced Hoseok. His eyes were brimming with anger, his jaw clenched so hard it seemed like it would break, a hand gripping the doorknob very tightly.

Jimin immediately jumped up and walked towards Hoseok, concern etched into his face. He placed his arms on Hoseok's shoulders.

"What happened?" he asked softly. "What did they ask of you this time?"

"They want to head start. It has been voted on already by Division A," Hoseok responded, fury lacing his tone with every word that passed his tongue. "They don't want to wait now that he's awake. They caught on pretty quickly that he woke up."

"Wait, everything?" Jimin responded, surprised. "Including—"

"Yes, including that!" Hoseok's voice shook. He whipped his head towards Yoongi, his frustration evident. "You shouldn't have woken up."

They're already using this to rile up their campaign.

"They've been waiting for over eighty years and now that they have the last piece of the puzzle," Jimin fell silent.

We must preserve what we have already set in stone. There can't be any change.

"I'm sorry Yoongi." Hoseok said,"I tried to delay it but nobody listened to me."

Once they get a hold of what they seek, they'll be unstoppable.

"Delay what?"

"The sole reason this place was created," Jimin responded, rubbing Hoseok's back comfortingly, "for change."

"Your test will take place at midnight tonight," Hoseok said sternly, "They want to get you ready as fast as possible.

a/n: stream your eyes tell and map of the soul: 7 the journey or else.