author's note (revisited)

If you had told me that I would have finished this book, I would have probably laughed in your face. Making a ship book wasn't something that I thought I would even have the courage of writing. I didn't think that I would be able to finish something that wasn't supernatural related. When it came to completing my first fanfiction ever (it was y/n min yoongi ff), I couldn't believe that either. Never would I have thought that I would go from writing original characters to writing fanfiction and ship stories. I'm very glad I did actually.

I think, no, I know, the misconception that comes with reading and writing fanfiction. Fanfiction reading and writing was something that many frown upon, something that makes celebrities and idols uncomfortable. That they were cringy and shouldn't be read. I wanted to write fanfiction but those misconceptions were so wrapped in my head that I hid my writing again, because I didn't want people to judge me for what I decided to do with life. It doesn't help that I'm writing about the LGBTQ+ community, nor that I come from a religious, anti-marriage LGBTQ+ family (while being a member of it myself).

Through writing Perfect Match, I realized that there is no difference between fanfiction and an original work of fiction. The concept remains the same. I realized that even though the characters in the story bear the names of the celebrities and idols in real life, there is no correlation between them. In itself, these characters wearing celebrity names are all individual and unique, an aspect that many who judge fail to realize.

Perfect Match will be the fifth completed book I have written throughout my years of writing, my first ever completed ship book (and definitely, not my last). I didn't think I was going to come back to this book. I thought I was going to leave it abandoned. I couldn't find the motivation to write it anymore, and it didn't help that my father passed away which also pushed me more into darkness. But, my father had always encouraged my writing and I knew that if I didn't want to fall fully into an endless abyss, I needed something to help me root myself back into society. So I began writing once more and here we are, me writing this author's note that you may or may not read.

Originally, Perfect Match was going to end in a cliffhanger and would have been followed by the sequel, Broken Match. Seokjin would have saved Taehyung and Hoseok, taking them with him and nursing them back to life, before Taehyung would exact his revenge on Yoongi and the others. He was supposed to father a child, by the name of Maedeline, that he and Hoseok would take care of in the coming years. The child would be Taehyung's and the now-deceased Aaliyah. Hoseok, whose memories would have been erased and throughout the years trained to think that Yoongi had to be killed, would think of himself as a father figure to Maedeline. Hoseok and Yoongi do not meet until four years later when Reuben chases after Maedeline to make sure that she was doing okay. By then, Jungkook and Jimin have three children of their own, two girls one boy, while Yoongi took care of the twins. Ultimately, Broken Match would have ended in a happy ending, Jungkook and Jimin adopting Maedeline as their own, Taehyung passing away, Seokjin being fixed by Namjoon and having children of their own, and Hoseok and Yoongi living together happily ever after, having more kids in the future.

I decided to scrap the idea. I think I'll just make it a separate book on its own (the idea of it), with a completely different outline, one that isn't tied with the Perfect Match system. I feel as if Perfect Match is better as a stand-alone, as opposed to having a sequel. Honestly, I wanted a happy ending in the end, after literal weeks of debating it, which is why Perfect Match ended the way it did. Also, I wanted Jungkook to kill Taehyung at the end because it made the most sense and was the most fitting. Taehyung's death was the one death I was looking forward to. Originally, Jimin and Jungkook weren't supposed to become a Perfect Match. Jimin would have stayed in love with both Hoseok and Yoongi, ultimately sacrificing himself so that Hoseok and Yoongi could be together in the end, which would have been Jimin's happy ending as he passed to the next life.

Scrapping the idea kind of sucked, because I had already written the epilogue to transition into Broken Match, but writing the happy ending was much more fun for me, nonetheless. I will post it after the author's note just because I want to see your reactions hehe.

I am very satisfied with how Perfect Match developed overall. I will come back to this book, writing specials or whatnot when I feel like it. I am content enough to let Perfect Match lay to rest, something that I didn't think I would even be able to do. Once I was able to fully lay out what I wanted, get rid of my writer's block, I was able to carry on and fully finish writing this book.

(edit: obviously i went back and changed part one a bit hahaha okay moving on now)

Thank you for joining me on this hell of a ride. Thank you for sticking by me even with my very long hiatus and sticking with me through the very end. It is because of you guys that I felt motivated enough to finish this book. Seeing your comments and theories made me feel happier, and believe it or not, fueled me to write more frequently. Seeing your comments played a big role in my feelings for this book, me responding to you guys gave me joy. You guys do not know how many times you have all put smiles on my face, making me laugh and also cry. I love you guys a lot. Really. I truly do. Every single one of you.

Special thanks to Mochi for encouraging me to pick up my writing and for pushing me forward in my life, giving me love and caring for me. I love you. Without her, this also wouldn't have been possible.

What's next? Well, I have a Vmin book that I will continue writing, but To Love a Human was more of a side project for me, one that was supposed to help me get over my writer's block (which it did). I will finish it, but my next main project is A Blade Named Desire, which will be my second Yoonseok fanfiction.

This story revolves around toxic relationships, delving into the concept of addiction and dependency.

A Blade Named Desire explores a type of relationship that unfortunately does happen to many people in society— a toxic relationship. This is not to say all relationships are toxic. Most are not. But those few that are, could lead to disastrous consequences.

If you guys want to join me on another journey, feel free to join me as I write A Blade Named Desire, which will be the first ship book that takes place in real-time, without any dystopian or supernatural influences. I'm excited to finally share this book with you guys. A Blade Named Desire will most likely be updated daily, just like Perfect Match has been.

(another edit: a blade named desire is already done, so like, go check it out.)

Once more, thank you for reading Perfect Match. No words will express the gratitude I feel towards you all. I hope we can become friends in the future. I love it here. Truly, I do.

Until next time!

Scarleth

p.s yoongi is a bottom. you cannot change my mind.

p.s.s if you have any questions, feel free to ask them!

p.s.s.s ignore that first p.s. it's versatility in this household only 😔✊🏻

p.s.s.s.s follow me on da wattpad don't be shy 🥺check out my other books too! (i have like several 🥴🥴)

p.s.s.s.s.s follow me on da insta too don't be shy 😔👉🏻👈🏻 @ sope_moni