initium finis | 1.2.1

"Don't miss me too much."

Jimin smiled, although the smile didn't quite reach his eyes. He finished smoothing the wrinkles at the ends of Hoseok's shirt, looking at him with a somber look. Jimin's fingers made their way up, fastening the buttons on Hoseok's shirt. Once he was completely done, he smiled once more.

"Have fun on your date," Jimin said, his voice failing to rise above a whisper. Hoseok sighed slowly, letting his hands cup Jimin's cheeks.

"This date won't mean anything." Hoseok pressed a kiss to his forehead."Don't worry."

"You're asking too much of me." Jimin's voice wavered."You know that it's only a matter of time before you actually fall for him."

"Don't say that," Hoseok responded quickly, "That won't happen."

Jimin shook his head. "Hoseok, that's not how the Perfect Match system works. You'll fall for him eventually. You'll fall for him and leave me."

His words stung. One, because they had been dating for the past two years and he was questioning Hoseok's level of commitment to him. Two, because even if Hoseok's feelings were one hundred percent authentic to Jimin, he was right.

Hoseok already started feeling himself staring at Yoongi for seconds too long. He already felt the curiosity, the same curiosity that he had felt when he had first met Jimin. Hoseok felt somewhat attracted to Yoongi, and he still remembered clearly the worry he felt for him when Yoongi was first rushed to the hospital wing, the adrenaline shooting through his veins, the sudden stab of anger at the whole system who had wasted no time in trying to eliminate Yoongi and him. Hoseok remembered the relief he felt when Ruby told Hoseok Yoongi was awake, barely able to contain the smile off his face as he rushed to see Yoongi.

But that had to be just something that the mark had been encouraging Hoseok to feel. When he wasn't with Yoongi and he was with Jimin, all of Hoseok's attention went to him. Everything seemed to just disappear when Hoseok was with him. He wasn't worried about anyone or anything. He was focused on spending his time with Jimin, and Jimin only.

An alarm rippled through the room, snapping Hoseok out of my thoughts. A notification showed through his watch, signaling that it was time for the date with Yoongi.

No, not a date. It was just two people who were being used in order to change the world. This was something Hoseok couldn't classify as a date. There was no way in hell it was date. 

After bidding goodbye to Jimin, Hoseok walked quickly to the lobby. He was already thirty seconds late and it didn't help that Jimin's room, although an Alpha, was far away from the actual lobby. He picked up the pace, excusing himself from anyone he accidentally bumped into. No doubt Namjoon was already waiting in the lobby, a look of disapproval most likely edged into his face. He was probably counting how many seconds Hoseok was late while trying to strike up a conversation with Yoongi.

Yoongi.

Hoseok wondered what he was wearing. The notification said that a casual look was fine, but he didn't have any clothes here. Most likely Ruby took him to a thorough look around the place and took him to the clothes department here. That probably meant he also got his own room. A nice one at that too as his rank was Alpha A.  Hoseok would just have to see it for himself later.

By the time Hoseok got to the lobby, he was already two minutes late. Namjoon shook his head at Hoseok's appearance, a disapproving look in his face.

"Mister Jung, you're late." his voice dripped with annoyance, combining well with his expression. 

Hoseok smiled sheepishly at him saying, "I'm sorry. It takes a while to get here when I'm with Jimin in his room."

"And pray tell, what you were doing in his room."

Hoseok chuckled nervously, shrugging nonchalantly. "I don't know. Just having a conversation with my boyfriend that got a bit too deep."

Literally.

Namjoon rolled his eyes. He pinched the bridges of his nose before slapping a smile into his face.  He clapped his hands together excitedly, like a child before looking at Hoseok once more.

"I'm sure you two have questions on what you're going to be doing," he said."By the end of this date, I hope to accomplish three things with you two. First, you will have dinner. Then, you'll take a stroll at a park that's near where the dinner reservation was made. As mentioned before, we will be taking pictures to leak in the coming days."

"Pictures as in?" Hoseok questioned. Namjoon raised an eyebrow at the question.

"Hoseok, what do two people that go on dates normally end up doing?" he mused."We want three pictures from you guys. One, a picture of you two enjoying yourselves at your dinner, preferably you two laughing and smiling, looking comfortable with each other. Two, a picture of you two holding hands, maybe one person's hand over the other's shoulder, anything to do with physical contact."

I don't like where this is going.

"And lastly, we want a picture of you two kissing."

Hoseok's eyes widened at his statement. He stared at Namjoon incredulously, his mouth making an 'o' at the statement. Yoongi and he were merely acquainted at best. Yes, they had been sleeping in the same bed the past few days, but Yoongi and him were nowhere near that level.

Not to mention that would mean Hoseok would be kissing another man. A man who wasn't his boyfriend. He would be cheating on Jimin. It wasn't right.

"As long as you guys can make it seem like you are, it's fine," Namjoon said."It is preferred for it to be for real. Think of it as a movie."

Like actors. Co-stars in romance movies that kiss multiple times. Is that what Namjoon thought of Yoongi and Hoseok? Actors, puppets only meant to serve their purpose? 

But Yoongi and Hoseok weren't actors. Unlike actors who play the roles to earn money, Yoongi and he actually had something that connected them together.

The Perfect Match.

For the first time in the lobby, Hoseok turned to Yoongi, whose expression was unreadable. He didn't look surprised, nor was he getting flustered. It was almost as if he seemed completely fine with what Namjoon was demanding. It struck Hoseok that Yoongi's attitude had changed within a few hours, going from questioning to almost completely silent.

Yoongi's eyes met Hoseok's. For a split second, Hoseok could have sworn he saw a sliver of fright pass through Yoongi's eyes before his posture straightened, acting as if nothing had happened at all.

Is he just trying to hide the fact that he's scared?

Yoongi looked at Namjoon."So when are we leaving?"

He can't be serious.

"You're right Yoongi." Namjoon nodded."The car's been waiting for a while now. Let's go."

Without another word, Namjoon and Yoongi walked out the door, Hoseok chasing after them.

a/n: 1.2.0 and 1.2.1 were originally in hoseok's pov, so i kept it like that. every time i go back, i remember that bc they're in first pov it's mostly limited to one character. in part one it was mostly limited to yoongi until chapters 20 through 30, so we'll see how that goes.