initium finis | 1.1.1

The steady rhythmic sounds of monitors brought Yoongi back to consciousness. His eyes hastily opened, almost immediately closing at the bright light the room he was in produced. He blinked a few times, trying to get used to the almost blinding white lights.

A frown appeared in Yoongi's face as he looked around the painfully white and barren room. Being used to color most of his life, it felt unsettling to be in a place so devoid of color. Yoongi looked down at his arm, wincing at the number of needles embedded in his arms.

Guess I'm not going anywhere.

There was a single window at the opposite side of the wall, signaling it was the time of night as the moon shone brightly. From what Yoongi could see, there were no city lights, no hint of actual civilization anywhere. It was completely dark, other than the fact that the moon was shining, which begged the question.

Where was he?

The door slid open, revealing a rather tall lady whose auburn hair was tied into a messy bun. She smiled warmly, her eyes looking at Yoongi rather kindly. He raised an eyebrow at her, watching as she walked towards him.

"Hello, Min Yoongi," she chirped."How are you feeling?"

"I-i'm feeling good, I guess?" Yoongi whispered hesitantly."I'm very confused."

She nodded in understanding."That is to be expected. Don't worry Yoongi, you're in safe hands. Trust me on that."

Trust me.

"Wait a minute. Where's Hoseok?" Yoongi asked, panic overtaking him. The monitor began to beat faster."Is he okay? Did he sur—"

"Yoongi, I can assure you that your Perfect Match is one hundred percent fine." She chirped."He's in the training room now, sharpening his combat skills."

Yoongi sighed in relief, feeling himself calm down a little, the news of Hoseok being okay lifting an unknown

"I can call him if you wish." She offered. Yoongi nodded.

"Please do. I'd feel more comfortable with him here." Yoongi replied."Well not that I'm not comfortable with you but I would feel even more comfortable if Ho—"

"Mister Min, it is perfectly fine." She pulled out a screen from her wristwatch. She pressed one of the buttons, zooming in to one of the specific screens.

There appeared a very sweaty Hoseok, one who was wiping his brow with his hands. Yoongi watched closely at his fluid movements, how he dodged the person with ease, the way his muscles flexed with every movement that he made...

Okay, snap out of it now!

"Hoseok?" She called out. Hoseok snapped his fingers, stopping the person mid-attack. He did the same procedure that the woman had done, pulling up the screen from the wristwatch he didn't have previously.

"Yes?" He asked into the screen. Yoongi watched in wonder as he ran his fingers through his damp hair, studying the way his shirt hugged him, outlining every aspect of his upper body.

"Mister Min is awake."

Hoseok's eyes lit up and he nodded."I'll be right there."

The screen turned off and the woman turned to Yoongi. "He's coming. Let me take the time to introduce myself. My name is Ruby."

"Your actual name is Ruby?" Yoongi raised an eyebrow. She chuckled at the statement, shaking her head lightly.

"Well no. After I came here, I changed my name to Ruby. I didn't want to be plagued by the history of my name."