venit omittere | 2.2.3

* slightly on the mature side. includes abuse and attempted rape. read at your discretion*

Ruby groaned, the sunlight's warm rays enveloping her face, bringing her hands to her face in attempts to cover her eyes, which felt sensitive towards the light. She sat up, a light pounding in her head. When her eyes finally adjusted, she looked around her surroundings, immediately tensing.

This wasn't her room.

She looked down at her wrist, disappointed to find it bare. She didn't have her earpiece anymore either. She got up from the bed she was laid in, looking around more to attempt to figure out her surroundings. She looked outside, disappointment welling in her when it provided her no help.

"You're awake."

Her head whipped towards the sound, anger flaring in her. Taehyung stood at the edge of the room, his lean frame leaning against the wall. He offered her a small smile, gesturing her to sit back down. He looked at her unsurprised when she opted to stand, walking closer to her instead. Her immediate response was to back away from him, an action that caused Taehyung's seemingly kind demeanor to rupture, a flicker of annoyance in his expression.

"Calm down Aaliyah." Taehyung said tightly."Stop making this difficult for the both of us. We both know what I'm capable of."

"Don't call me Aaliyah." Ruby snapped."That's not my name. I go by Ruby now."

Taehyung hummed."Makes sense. you were always fascinated by the color red. I should have known that you would choose a name based on your preferences. Still, your actual name is Aaliyah. Why abandon the name that was given to you by your parents?"

"You mean the parents you killed?" she retorted, smirking internally at Taehyung's reaction. he'd struck a nerve. Good.

She wasn't going to make it easy for him.

"You should be thanking me you know." Taehyung responded."If I had wanted you to, you could have been in chains. I'm letting you walk freely. Hell, look at what you're wearing. Everything you have here, just like when you used to live back in the mansion."

"Doesn't change the fact that I'm being held captive here. Where am I?"

Taehyung smiled ruefully. "Our home. At least, what was supposed to be our home after the Perfect Match system matched us together."

At the response, she scoffed, crossing her arms. "What's this? Your attempt at redemption? Just kill me already. My answer is a resounding no."

"Stop being so difficult." Taehyung groaned."Look, I know I've fucked up in my life, alright?"

"You killed Yoongi!" Ruby screamed."You killed him, you killed my parents, you killed your sister! You tried killing me multiple times! How am I being difficult?" She easily ripped the silk gown she had on, pointing to her chest."You did this to our mark!" 

Taehyung's eyes darkened at the sight."Don't act so innocent. You act like you've done nothing wrong. You know for a damn fact your mark wouldn't be dark if you hadn't tried to kill me first!" 

The room silenced, Ruby staring at him with wide eyes. As much as she hated to admit it, she broke at the sight of Taehyung's expression, no longer friendly. Instead, it was one of hurt, one of pain, and one of betrayal. She bit her lip, looking away, unable to stand the sight of him. Strangely enough, she could feel tears welling up in her eyes, feelings of remorse and guilt beginning to inflict her system. He stopped himself for a few moments, assessing Ruby before continuing.

"Why do you still blame me for the death of Miyeon?" he asked incredulously."Honestly, Aaliyah, did you convince yourself that Miyeon's death was my fault only?"