initium finis | 1.1.7

The morning was hectic, to say the least.

The corridors were buzzing with life, even more than they were yesterday. It seemed as if everyone had very important business to attend to. For Yoongi, it was an extra special day now that he had been placed in one of the castes.

Hoseok led Yoongi to the room where his meeting with the other leaders was supposed to be. Yoongi looked at the unfamiliar room and frowned, displeasure washing onto his face.

Hoseok turned to Yoongi, smiling at him softly. Hesitantly Yoongi smiled back, running his fingers through his already disheveled hair.

"Stop that," he said, motioning at Yoongi's hair, "you'll do fine. I promise you."

"I don't even know who's going to be there," Yoongi replied, running his fingers through his hair once more. Hoseok's hands encircled both Yoongi's wrists as he gently put his arms down.

"It's the Alphas meeting. Jimin will be there. Ruby will be there," Hoseok reassured Yoongi."You'll meet your future friends there as well. The test is never wrong. You'll fit right in."

Yoongi nodded, lips pursing slightly. Hoseok smiled once more, his eyes never leaving Yoongi's. He was trying his best to calm a nervous Yoongi down, leaning closer to him. Yoongi became suddenly aware of how close in proximity their bodies were. Blush crept into his cheeks, his gaze falling to the ground. Hoseok's piercing gaze remained on Yoongi as if he was studying Yoongi's response.

"Why do you look down?" Hoseok murmured, letting go of Yoongi's wrists."I'm not doing anything wrong to you."

Hoseok lifted up Yoongi's chin, coaxing Yoongi to look up into his eyes.

"Am I doing something wrong?" he questioned, head cocked to the side, his eyebrow raising at the expression on Yoongi's face.

Or rather, his cheeks.

"Are you blushing?" Hoseok mused, inching closer to Yoongi's face. Yoongi shrunk back, attempting to take a step backward.

"N-no I'm not," he replied, feeling his cheeks burn a little bit more. Before Hoseok could say anything else however, someone cleared their throat.

"Hoseok, you can let Mister Min Yoongi go now. You have other matters to attend to."

Hoseok nodded at Ruby, offering Yoongi one last smile.

"I'll see you later okay?" He said, placing his hand on Yoongi's shoulder. He tensed at Hoseok's touch, looking up at him only slightly. "You'll be in good hands. Ruby will make sure of it. Right, Ruby?"

Ruby nodded, tapping her heel impatiently.

"I promise your Perfect Match will not die in my custody."

"Good. I'll see you."

With that, Hoseok turned and left, leaving Yoongi with Ruby. Ruby smiled at Yoongi, the smile making him feel a tad bit more relaxed. He smiled back at her, waiting for her to speak.

"Congratulations Mister Min, on being placed in Government, Division A," She offered Yoongi another warm smile. "I'll more than likely be your mentor, as I'm in the same division as you."

"Ruby, I told you to just call me Yoongi."

"Ah sorry," she responded sheepishly, "I forget. Now come on. The rest of the Alphas are waiting for you."

Without waiting for Yoongi's response, she turned on her heels and walked towards the room. Yoongi quickly followed after her, stumbling in his heels as she opened the door. As soon as she opened the door, over sixteen pairs of eyes looked up to see Yoongi. His first instinct was to shrink back, attempting to get behind Ruby. The action did not go unnoticed by Jimin, who scoffed loudly.