initium finis | 1.1.9

"This will be brief as all I'm doing is filling Hoseok in. Through the course of the week, while you're training, I will talk to Hoseok privately."

That statement made Yoongi's ears perk up. Privately? What did he have to tell Hoseok that couldn't be said straight to his face?

Yoongi looked at Hoseok who said nothing. He just nodded, putting his hands in his pockets. At the action, Namjoon nodded once before continuing.

"Now the reason why I called both of you here was to give you a brief rundown on how things are going back in the Capital. As the faces of the revolution, you have to stay up to date with everything that is going on.

"Currently, Taehyung and Seokjin are trying to locate your bodies, which has been proven impossible to do for them. Seokjin and I's team is currently working on finding some bodies to give away."

Yoongi's eyebrows raised at his statement. Was that how authentic Taehyung and Seokjin were trying to make our deaths seem?  To go as far as trying to find bodies to showcase...that they in fact had died? What little trust Yoongi had in the government diminished completely. He couldn't help but feel disgusted that he had given loyalty to a government like that.

"I also wanted to let you know that it has been scheduled for you two go on a date later today."

Both Hoseok and Yoongi looked at each other, expressions full of shock at the bluntness of his words. Namjoon raised an eyebrow at the response, crossing his arms. What struck Yoongi more was that Namjoon looked like what he was saying something completely normal, like it was something they should alrready be keen to.

"You guys aren't comfortable with each other yet," he stated, after a while. Hoseok shrugged at his statement, not denying or confirming anything. Yoongi half smiled at Namjoon, before looking down at his feet. Namjoon sighed, nodding once before smiling widely.

"Even more of a reason for you two to go on a date," he said.  "Once you're fully registered into the system we'll transport the both of you to a secret location where you will get to know each other."

"Is this actually necessary?" Hoseok sighed, an apparent strain in his voice. Namjoon cocked his head to the side slightly, not liking Hoseok's question.

"As the face of doubt on citizens, you two must seem united and acting like one. We are going to use you two to promote what people thought could not be possible."

Namjoon paused, his expression clouding with thought. He frowned and began to speak in hushed tones, too low for any of them to understand. After a minute he nodded to himself before turning his attention back to Yoongi and Hoseok.

"There was a reason why I asked you during the meeting Yoongi if you and Hoseok had been thinking of having kids already," Namjoon said softly. "It isn't going to be enough if we just show them you two are together. We need more, something that will change everything for the people."

Yoongi felt Hoseok's gaze fall on him. The room became completely silent as it dawned to them what was most likely going to happen. Yoongi pursed his lips. He thought that this was going to be something that would have taken a while. Despite them being matched together, Hoseok and Yoongi hadn't gotten any closer. From the week he was in the medical wing from to the past few days, Hoseok and Yoongi haven't made any progress in their 'relationship'.

Even though the power of technology was on their side, there was no way that Hoseok and Yoongi would get close enough in the span of a few months. The possibility of it was unlikely unless Namjoon strengthened the bond that connected Hoseok and him, something that now couldn't be done as it could alert the government of our whereabouts.