venit omittere | 2.2.4

Kim Seokjin rummaged through the bathroom drawers, sighing in relief as he found his pair of emergency contact lenses. He took off the ones he was wearing, making sure the door was locked beforehand and stared at himself in the mirror. There was nothing major. His cuts and injuries had already healed, the sedates used in his body almost flushed out of his system entirely, bringing in new problems.

He cursed silently at his eyes. He had hoped that the eye color would have returned normal, but it hadn't. His right eye remained the same color since birth, a dark brown. His left eye had taken on an emerald green color, specks of gold glinting off it. No matter how much he blinked it was still there.

Emerald green. The color of ownership. Ownership and betrayal.

It was a color utilized by the government to recognize its traitors. Once injected into the system, it begins corrupting the person, breaking down their free will, slowly detaching them from the rest of society. They become a pawn to the government, a slave, bending to the will of others. It also dampens the connection of the Perfect Match. Traitors had no right to their Perfect Match connection. They were meant to pay for their sins. The Perfect Match was a gift that the government gave their people. Traitors didn't deserve such a gift. It wouldn't take long for Seokjin to fully succumb to the effect of the green eyes. Once he did, he would lose his connection with Namjoon and be tied to heed Taehyung's every word.

Even if it could kill him.

There was no alternative solution to the green eyes. Not ones that have been successful anyhow. Namjoon and Seokjin had been trying to find a cure for years, to no avail. All potential cures had been proven ineffective and Jin didn't want his match to worry about him. Yoongi was the main focus here. So for now, Jin would wear his contacts and hope that his match would be oblivious to their dampening bond.

"Jin?" Namjoon asked from outside the door."Are you okay in there?"

Jin quickly put his contacts on, changing his expression completely. He unlocked the door, smiling brightly at Namjoon.

"Of course I am." Jin said, kissing Namjoon quickly on the cheek."How's Yoongi?"

"He's not waking up." Namjoon responded."He's slipped multiple times. The longest period has been a full minute. It's not looking good."

"Hoseok?"

"We're keeping him in a dormant state for now." Namjoon said, frowning."None of the suppressants are working because of the extremity of the situation. Jimin and Jungkook volunteered to take care of the twins. Jimin didn't feel comfortable leaving them in the Nursery."

Jin nodded, pensive. before pulling up Yoongi's file."Do you think we can regenerate some of his organs?"

"That's what I was thinking." Namjoon answered, pointing to the files."We've already done plenty of blood transfusions on him, but his body keeps rejecting them. When he first got shot, the bullet hit the subclavian artery, which already set him towards the path to death. If he had stayed still, his heart wouldn't need to try to pump so much blood. The stabbing itself proved to be somewhat fatal. He did well in keeping the blade there or else he would have died at the scene. The blood loss he received from the gunshot wound is what messed his chances of survival. I would suggest the replacement of his stomach as that was what the blade ultimately hit as well as the spleen which was damaged."

"As long as we have some tissue from those organs we'll be able to replace them." Jin paused."Cryogenics. Do that. It'll stop the connection between Yoongi and Hoseok until we can bring him back fully. That's our best option. We need Hoseok available if Taehyung figures out where we are."

"He wasn't able to get through to you, was he?" Namjoon half-smiled. Jin shook his head.

"I told you I would hold out." Jin replied cheekily."Alright. Let's go get the samples and then we'll go freeze Yoongi's body."